Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vetgirl I admire your courage in dealing with all you have been through. I am facing some bad pain issues on my right side that may or may not be hip related, and I am having a hard time emotionally in dealing with the problem. How do you stay positive throughout all this? I've been feeling very discouraged and lost in all this. Had many a pity party, too. I know your problem is more serious than mine, and I very much admire the way you have "hung in there" so to speak. I'm just having trouble keeping it together right now, and I especially hate all the long waiting time between appointments, tests, "let's sees" and so on. It seems like this is going to stretch on and on and on and my future is going to be populated by doctors and doctor visits and so on forever, all the while with pain when I sit, stand or try to walk (with a walker now again). How do you cope? How do you keep your sanity? I live alone, so I have way too much time to ruminate about it, which for me makes it worse, I think. I am just so tired of it,and am basically on bed (or recliner) rest again, after I had about two good weeks of getting better and better with only one cane.

Thanks for listening, and peace and love to you.

Milli
 
Hi everyone

I rang to get my blood results today ( I have them every week till my OS appt at the end of the month)..they check my CRP and ESR and they have both come down.....this is good but Im not really sure what it means?????

@Josephine I would really value your opinion. They are down to 5.9 CRP and 11 ESR.....I'm pretty sure that the CRP is in the normal range Obviously we would expect them to come down having been on the ABX for nearly 4 weeks but does it mean the infection might be clearing up? Any insight you can offer is highly valued thanks.

@Butterfly ....thank you for your kind words about me. I don't really feel strong at all but I do TRY. I owe so much to my husband who is utterly amazing!!!!! He looks after me so well and doesn't complain. He doesn't make me feel guilty for being so tired or for not being up to doing everything.

I try to focus on the positive.... I got out of hospital for Christmas and my holiday. There are others worse off than me....a friend died of cancer while I was in hospital and that put it into perspective for me....we weren't super close but she was a really great positive person and so even if I have to have a 2 stage revision...it could be worse.

I try not to talk about it too much with friends after they know the story as I don't want people NOT to want to be around me because I'm a downer. I am scared and anxious and have my pity parties at times but then I try to focus again on the positives. The Bonesmart family has really helped me so much because I can come here and whinge and whine and I know you all GET IT!!!!

I found outpatient rehab really helpful because I could talk to others in the same boat and a lot of my worries were the same as others....like here.

I know it must be so frustrating for you as you were very immobile prior to surgery and you live alone. To still have pain and be going backwards is upsetting and yes I hate the waiting game too and suspect that as I hang out for my appt on the 28th Jan that there will be many tests etc after that before my future is known.

Try to schedule something each day to look forward to and some little goals too. I'll make an effort to keep up with your thread more and offer you more support as I really value all the support everyone here has given me. It is hard seeing people go forward and move on with their lives but everybody has their own recovery and we will get there too!!!!

Hope I have helped in some small way!!!!

Chin up xxxx
 
Sally,

I think that your attitude and strength are really amazing and would hope that I could be half as strong as you when confronted with challenges. You are an inspiration to folks facing decisions and complications and it is impressive to see how well you handle what gets thrown at you.

You help a LOT of people in a BIG way.

Thank you,

Z
 
This was an inspiring post Sally. :friends: I am glad that your numbers are down. I am anxious to hear what your OS says when you see him. Wouldn't it be great if antibiotics could just clear up hip infections completely? I am still awaiting my second set of test results. The first set (thyroid for some reason ?) ordered by the allergist/immunologist were normal. So I am still playing the waiting game. Meanwhile the skin around my scar is changing. It is very strange looking and often burns. Just one more thing.

I am scared and anxious and have my pity parties at times but then I try to focus again on the positives. The Bonesmart family has really helped me so much because I can come here and whinge and whine and I know you all GET IT!!!

This is exactly how I feel.
 
Thing of you @Vetgirl and @calikat Wishing you both good results. Thinking of you both. you are truly brave and an inspiration to us all. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Vetgirl Thank you so much for your kind response. I am just so very frustrated. I know all will be OK in the end, and I am so glad I had my hips done, but I'm just having a bad spell. I guess it is partly the post op blues. I know you are going through a much harder time than I am, and I admire the grace with which you do it. I need to seriously work on my patience (or lack thereof).

Peace, love and healing to you.

Milli
 
Thank you everyone for your kind words!!!!!

Still looking forward to @Josephine s view on the bloods

Won't it be wonderful if at this time next year for all of us who have worries to be just normal and not thinking about our hips......lol
 
@Vetgirl , Jo is away from the forum but should be back soon. Your attitude is just amazing! Well done on setting little goals everyday.
 
@Josephine I would really value your opinion. They are down to 5.9 CRP and 11 ESR.....I'm pretty sure that the CRP is in the normal range Obviously we would expect them to come down having been on the ABX for nearly 4 weeks but does it mean the infection might be clearing up? Any insight you can offer is highly valued thanks.
Yep, it's looking good, honey! But not having my crystal ball at hand, can't tell you more. We'll all just have to wait and see. :wink:
 
Just had to tell you, Sally, that I admire your attitude, courage, & resilience. If I could only have HALF of it during my imminent recovery progress, I would be very fortunate. You seem to know how to put it all in perspective.

Ellen
 
Thanks again everyone for your kind words...I feel like I'm very pessimistic at times but you all confirm what my hubby says....so thanks

Thanks @Josephine ...fingers crossed and thanks @Jaycey for letting me know that Jo was away.

@Poppet ....I love that quote!!!
 
After what you have been through - very easy to be skeptical! Sounds like you are on the right track now.
 
Well.....after saying I was feeling better i was so tired again last night and hot but thought nothing of it because it is humid here in sydney and I did a little more than usual as we packed up, came home, unpacked and did lots of washing etc.....

I went to bed and rested and slept really well but woke up tired .....once again was hot up the street doing the shopping and achy and had a headache. Finished a little shopping but headed home.

Letter took temp and I am once again running a low grade fever which makes me nervous!!!! Hoping its nothing. Having bloods again tomorrow so that is good timing for them to see if markers are ok or not!!!

Fingers crossed
 
Oh Sally. I am so sorry. Let us know about the blood work. Have you called your doctor?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
Fingers and toes crossed for you, @Vetgirl.
 
@Vetgirl You're in my thoughts and prayers. Perhaps you did too much today?? I hope your bloodwork comes back improved.

I see my OS tomorrow and hopefully he will reassure me that my implants are OK. My back has settled down a bit -- it went from basic "agony" to "annoying as hell", which I see as an improvement.

Love,
Milli
 
Lol @Butterfly ....that's good news!!! Although it could be better. I'm sure that Jo and others would say that your recovery might be slower because you were immobile for longer.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes (again lol). I still have a low grade temp and headache and just feel blah. Had bloods so I'm sure I will soon know if infection markers are up or not

Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom