Vetgirl
Sr Bonesmartie
- Joined
- May 15, 2013
- Messages
- 1,149
- Age
- 57
- Gender
- Female
- Country
Australia
Hi
I am having my surgery next Wednesday 4th Febraury. Why put off what has to be done? I meet with the surgeon in the morning to discuss concerns etc....my choice
@Josephine I got the scan results and OS says it's all good. I have one of the reports done by one of the Drs although my OS prefers a particular Dr to do the report which we will receive next week. I'm a bit concerned about an old fracture that hasn't ever been diagnosed before (or maybe it has and I wasn't told????). Or why wouldn't it have been picked up?
Here's what it says.....I value your opinion of it
The is a right total hip prosthesis that appears in good position. No mechanical disruption, loosening or osteomyelitis. There is an old non-displaced oblique fracture involving the proximal shaft of the right femur, extending from the intertrochanteric region down into the the lateral aspect of the proximal femur, ending 30mm above the inferior tipoff the prosthesis. There is bony callus formation and healing is nearly complete. No joint effusion or drain able collection. There are mild post-surgical changes around the hip joint.
I'm also interested why I may keep dislocating if the prosthesis is in a good position? And what may 'mild post-surgical changes' be?
Many thanks
I am having my surgery next Wednesday 4th Febraury. Why put off what has to be done? I meet with the surgeon in the morning to discuss concerns etc....my choice
@Josephine I got the scan results and OS says it's all good. I have one of the reports done by one of the Drs although my OS prefers a particular Dr to do the report which we will receive next week. I'm a bit concerned about an old fracture that hasn't ever been diagnosed before (or maybe it has and I wasn't told????). Or why wouldn't it have been picked up?
Here's what it says.....I value your opinion of it
The is a right total hip prosthesis that appears in good position. No mechanical disruption, loosening or osteomyelitis. There is an old non-displaced oblique fracture involving the proximal shaft of the right femur, extending from the intertrochanteric region down into the the lateral aspect of the proximal femur, ending 30mm above the inferior tipoff the prosthesis. There is bony callus formation and healing is nearly complete. No joint effusion or drain able collection. There are mild post-surgical changes around the hip joint.
I'm also interested why I may keep dislocating if the prosthesis is in a good position? And what may 'mild post-surgical changes' be?
Many thanks
Last edited by a moderator:
Just in time for the kids to be heading back to school, good planning... you'll have a nice quiet environment for your UNEVENTFUL recovery
