Thanks everyone....it's a blow for sure. I was so pumped to get a job after the scans I had planned for next week, after the initial dislocation and I was due to come off the abx in February too.
I feel like I'm in a nightmare that's can't quite escape ....it's definitely very hard to keep positive when things like this keep happening.
Spoke to Dr again today. Scans booked for tomorrow then I see him and the professor next week. Surgery whenever I want after that....even on a weekend he said. Whatever suits us. I think we will do it ASAP. Get it over and done with. Hubby has to travel in March so the sooner I get down the recovery track the better. At least he will leave the cup and stem (assuming scans are ok) and just replace the end of the implant and liner.
I am just really scared because the more surgery you have the higher the risk for things to go wrong....my odds aren't that great anymore....lol. Financially it has crippled our savings. I haven't worked since Sept 2013. Hubby was looking forward to a clear run at work and to me working. We were planning a trip to the USA with the kids. Who knows what we can do now....more months without my income. And it's getting harder and harder to convince myself that a future employer won't care. I think they will!!!!
I have to stay on the abx most probably until this new revision has settled just in case infection is still there, prob another 6 months or so. They will take tissue samples from Surrounding areas whilst they are in there.
Very sore and bruised. It's terrifying feeling your leg just give out. I'm not allowed to drive because it came out so easily. The pain was better this time but maybe I'm just tougher. Who knows????
Still rambling a bit...sorry
Thanks for all your care xxxx