Lounge Doctor

Hip Infection* I'm back home

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Aww, I’m sorry. I’ll bet you were excited only to have your hopes dashed. Great news though that your WBC is normal! :yes!:
Hopefully the days fly by for you, Linda. Hugs and best wishes for a peaceful week.
@Linda1

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
Well here we are, week and a half later and the doctor extended my antibiotic infusion again till the 18th. He said the reason is my sed rate. It's still elevated which means I still have Inflammation. I lost count of how many weeks it's been. Anyone else go past the normal 6 weeks?

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Looks like maybe about 8 weeks, Linda? I’m sorry this drags on for you, better safe than sorry though and the need to do this all again. I‘m sure you’re not the first that’s experienced a delay, but I can’t think of anyone in particular. If I do, I’ll let you know. It was nice to hear from you, please stay in touch.
I hope you have a nice weekend. :SUNsmile:
@Linda1

Creampuff

Country
Linda, it's discouraging but it does happen. I know it's difficult. You really don't want to stop too soon and have it flare up again. Here's hoping the 18th will be the end.

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
I just had a call from home health care nurse. She received order to remove my PICC line tomorrow. I'm surprised since my sed rate only dropped 2 points this week. 50 to 48. Sure hope it doesn't go back up once antibiotics are out of my system. I've been them since July 18th.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:fingersx: it keeps dropping.
I know you are happy to have a reprieve from the PICC.
Hugs and continued best wishes.
Try to have a good weekend.:SUNsmile:

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Maybe you were close to where they wanted you to be and it helped push you closer to safe. Will keep my fingers crossed that's the case and everything goes well from here on out. :fingersx: :fingersx:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Wonderful news, Linda.
Happening exactly two months after your last procedure. May it only be good news from here on out.
Happy Saturday! :SUNsmile:
@Linda1

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
Had blood work today. Surgeon and family doctor got results. I got a call from family doctor asking me how I was feeling. Surprised I asked why they were asking. My sed rate and CRP were elevated. My sed rate went from 48 to 63 in the 4 days I've been off antibiotics. I have to say I'm concerned. I hope to hear from surgeon tomorrow.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Femur_guy
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom