Lounge Doctor

Hip Infection* I'm back home

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Hi Linda, I'm thinking of you and hoping that you are feeling a bit better today.
I hope you are kind to yourself and to your body as you heal from 2 separate assaults on your body..

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
Thank you. I'm still dealing with the nausea from the antibiotics. I keep counting the days till finished with them. I was scheduled for PT today. Told them what was going on. They cut back everything and was concerned about how much pain I'm having after almost a week since last appt
Anyway tonight the pain is even worse. I won't do anymore PT. I took a oxycodone and still can't move my leg. This sure has been a rough 10 months with these 2 surgeries.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:console2:
Hate that you are struggling so.
Make sure you keep that hip iced up as it really does help with inflammation and pain.

Healing hugs coming your way ...xxxx

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Anyway tonight the pain is even worse. I won't do anymore PT.
I believe this is a wise choice for the foreseeable future. Concentrate on rest, ice and elevation along with the pointers CricketHip left you on Manuel Lymph Drainage. Go back to the Recovery Guidelines and read the ACTIVITY PROGRESSION FOR THR. Use it as a rough guideline to stay within the safe range activity wise. Hopefully you’re not taking meds on an empty stomach. If your appetite is down, at least eat some saltines or toast before taking meds.

With being so sick I haven't been doing much of anything to agitate the hip. Can it just flare up for no reason?
Stiffness is a form of pain. So, if you’re fairly inactive possibly you’re stiff? You do need to balance out rest, ice / elevation with some activity. Don’t hesitate to call your surgeon if you feel the need. A member of his care team will get back to you with advice or reassurance.
I hope today is a better day.

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
@Linda1 I'm sorry you are dealing with all this piled on top of each other stuff! I am with you on counting the days until that last pill is gone. Glad the zofran helps.

I did my at-home PT as directed by PT for my first hip. I'm sure it contributed to the ambient pain level. Second one I didn't bother with any, although the discharge papers recommended it and I had to tell the discharge nurse to cancel it. Less ambient pain. When I told the OS's PA, at my 2-week follow-up, that I'd done nothing but walk, she said, "good for you! Walking is the best exercise for the new hip anyway!" My jaw dropped lol. Was she hiding out here on the forum???

I surely hope that things will improve for you very very soon!

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
Short update. Had follow up with primary care doctor for ER visit. She was reading report for CT scan. They actually scanned hip too. It said there was an area that could be fluid. I don't have report to quote. ER never mentioned this. Doctor didn't like look of incision. She sent me for ultrasound. It shows there is fluid in fairly large area. We are waiting to hear how surgeon wants to proceed. Could this fluid cause the severe groin pain?

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi Linda, I’m sorry things aren’t progressing more smoothly for you. Thankfully it seems your Primary is on top of it. I imagine any fairly large build up of fluid could cause discomfort, or pain. Please keep us posted. Wishing you comfort as you wait for more news. :console2:
@Linda1

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
I never heard back from OS. Today I went to the ER were I had my surgery. They did another CT, blood work etc. This hospital got hold of the OS and I'm to drive to the OS's town 2 hours away on Monday and they are going to do a joint aspiration. It's the only way to make sure I don't have an infection. They warned me that I might need surgery if it is infected. Why can't life be simple?

They said I went to ER last week and had 2 separate issues and only one was addressed. Just my luck.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I’m so sorry to read this, Linda. How discouraging that you didn’t hear back from your OS.
I hope you have someone to make the trip with on Monday for the company and support. Let’s hope and pray for the best and take it from there. We’ll be there for you, whenever you need us.
Wishing you comfort and peace and you await the aspiration on Monday and then the results.
@Linda1

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
@Linda1 I am so glad your PCP was on top of this, and also glad you went to ER today, frightening as it may be. I'm glad they roused your OS. It almost seems as though the original ER team who missed the second issue owes you a ride Monday, eh? I do hope you'll have company for that. May the rest of your weekend find you at peace in some way.

OP
OP
Linda1

Linda1

Country
Surgeon's office called this morning. Said results were inconclusive. Had me go to hospital for more blood tests. I don't understand. You would think it either has bacteria or it doesn't. My pain in groin is the same.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Aww Linda...I’m so sorry this drags on for you and all the while you suffer.
I hope you‘re able to find times of relief through rest, icing and OTC meds if you’re not on anything stronger. Wishing you comfort and answers soon. :console2:
@Linda1

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I am sorry to hear that your tests were inconclusive. Can only imagine just how frustrated and worried you must be.

Try to be kind to yourself. Hopefully you will have answers early next week at the latest.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JackDaniels
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom