TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

You're doing great! Wonderful update. Sounds like you're making headway on the course also.
so I'm no longer totally useless around the home.
I'll bet there's a little, or long, honey-do list for you. Welcome back to life! :) :thumb:
 
You're doing great! Wonderful update. Sounds like you're making headway on the course also.
so I'm no longer totally useless around the home.
I'll bet there's a little, or long, honey-do list for you. Welcome back to life! :) :thumb:
There is an extremely long list, but we'll be taking it....one step at a time....!
 
3 months birthday today, here's some highlights..

The good

*18 holes golfing in a buggy is fine
* walking between 9-11k steps most days
* doing the stairs in work rather then the elevator, it's 7 flights
* walking the dogs their full distances (45 mins-1 hour)
*slowly back to table tennis, very gently
* able to kneel albeit nervously

The bad
* Still have the numb / banded feeling around the knee
* Physio is tough, pushing me hard and I'm not recovering as fast as I'd like from that.
* Random pain, but very manageable

Overall super confident for what this will do long term for my life and health. Thanks everyone for the supportive comments!
 
Hi there!
It is nice to hear from you and know you're doing really well.

The tight band feeling you mentioned should slowly ease. Small sensory nerves are often affected during surgery and sensation can take months to improve. I'm guessing that a measure of the random, but manageable pain you mentioned may occur after pushing through PT sessions or as activity increases? As long as it's not getting worse rather than improving, you should be good. :thumb:
Tell the physio to go easy on you. You're in rehab, not training for the Olympics. :wink:

Happy Saturday and HAPPY THREE MONTH ANNIVERSARY, coddle!
@coddle
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hopefully physio is feeling easier, you continue to do well and you're feeling even stronger since you last posted.
At four months you've already come a long way, with still more healing and improvement ahead. Keep it up, coddle, you're doing amazingly well!
@coddle
 
Very happy with progress today, thanks for reminding me of the anniversary! Back to sports, played two table tennis league matches so far, still not of course moving as smoothly as I'd want but way ahead of my timeline originally for competitive play. Step count still rising, without me particularly trying so I think that just shows healing is bopping along and I feel a lot better. I've started back on some weight training as well, which is going well, I am being very conservative with the volume and the weights. Still of course need to remember to not overdo, that is as it were my achilles heel....or achilles knee ? ... for eg my session for today was

5 min cycling @130w,
deadlift 3 x6 x 75kg,
8 per leg sit to stand, no assistance left leg, small right
2x 10 walking lunges, no weight as tired,
3 x10 x10kg db bench, flat.
2 x 10 per leg glute bridge
2 x 40 sec planks
2 x 10 leg swing forward
2 x 10 leg swing side
shoulder mobility w bar x 20

Overall, knee no 2 has gone better than knee no 1, presumably as the supporting muscles and ligaments were less unstable than the older injured knee. The 4 months has gone by quickly, and looking forward to the 9-12 month mark when I'll hopefully not think about it ever. Right now I'm still aware its new and healing.
 
Thanks for updating us, coddle. It's great to read that you're happy with how far you've come. Go slow and easy, I'd hate to see you sidelined after all of your wonderful progress. Your awareness that you're still healing should keep you from overdoing it. Enjoy the week! :SUNsmile:
@coddle
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom