TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for our New Year's Eve party thread in the Social Room!!!
 
hi...i also had my BTK in oct 2014.....knees are fine but i have a lot of muscle pain. have to take brufen thrice. is this ok. do you still take pain killers.
 
I am 4.5 years post-TKA and have been doing work outs --- muscle toning of all muscle groups. Just passing along how wonderful this has been as far as reducing muscle pain. I do quad exercises but also hamstring curls (with light weights).
 
FYI. The PRP or platelet rich plasma injections are now covered by Medicare and insurance in NY


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's been 5 months since my PRP
Even though I was in a knee high cam boot for 3 months. My knee feels great!!! Just wanted to let you all know
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's great to know the PRP seems to be working for you, Susanne!
 
Thank you all. Just having little issue with my right shoulder replacement. Have to stop restraining the kiddies
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@susanne You seem to be trading one pain for another. Easy does it with that shoulder! Glad your knee is doing well.
 
Going for PRP booster in 3 weeks
Want to get everything done before November. Unfortunately he's taking insurance but not mine



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
hi i am new and my left shoulder replacement is in 2 weeks...my left hip replacement was 4 months ago..i am looking for any and all ideas incl best pt practices...is it true that you are no totally healed for one year after shoulder repl?
 
Hi. Just 1 question. Why are you getting your shoulder done so soon after your hip replacement.
My shoulder was easy because surgeon did not cut the rotator cuff
I had PT for a few months He massaged and I had exercises to do for a few months.
My rt shoulder sometimes gives me problems bc I teach special ed pre schooler and sometimes I have to restrain or hold a child. This prob has an effect on my right shoulder
As I had it done 5 years ago.
I would do some of the exercises lying in bed while watching tv. Your PT should show you all the exercises to do while at home
Good luck. After getting a hip and knee replacement getting both shoulders done was not as painful
( had them done 2 years apart )
Best of luck
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ladies. It’s been a whole. Back surgery was successful it’s been a year plus for that ordeal. I’ve been getting platelet rich plasma injections in my good knee. So far it’s been doing well until..... had car accident month ago crashed into car in rush hour traffic and rammed into car in front of me. Pouring rain for days. Needless to say car totaled and of course my knees and back (hip) are killing me again. Back to Physical Therapy again
4 steps forward. 10 back. Just can’t catch a break. I tell myself only a car but one that was finally paid off!!!
The good news is my daughter finally got married last December she was going to surprise me thankfully she didn’t. Pulled it together in 3,weeks.
Hope everyone is doing well. Miss my bone smart friends️️
 
Hi @susanne
It's good to hear from you again, although I'm sorry to read you still have problems. :console2:

I've moved your post from Nana moon's thread into your own thread.
 
@susanne Great to hear from you but so sorry you are suffering back issues. Hope things ease for you soon!
 
@susanne Great to hear from you but so sorry you are suffering back issues. Hope things ease for you soon!

Thank you I think from my car accident the side of the seat belt went into my lower back/hip where I had the 2 replacements. Laying on ice packs at night and heat at PT
I just can’t believe this is happening again !!
 
Did you have an X-ray of your hips after the accident? Are you doing too much PT? Sounds like you had quite a hard impact in the accident. It may take awhile for things to settle.
 
Did you have an X-ray of your hips after the accident? Are you doing too much PT? Sounds like you had quite a hard impact in the accident. It may take awhile for things to settle.

Hi just started PT again last week 1x. Not doing too much but getting massaged which I love had MRI of neck, lumbar ad hip
Back and neck not so good
Was thinking of acupuncture/ or massage therapy. Both sound too good in between PT today I did shoulder shrugs and shoulder pinching back to strengthen my neck. So much narrowing in canal. So he wants to strengthen neck muscles if at all possible
I can’t complain. If you remember when we started this journey of all the replacements my twin sister was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer. She’s now passed her 5 year mark and is up to 10 years but in a lot of pain. Takes so many meds but she did manage to meet a guy and they have been to Europe at least 3 times already
Me my school closed down last August but was working at friends school to open classroom for 2 weeks in September. It’s now June 3 more days of school left and I’m still there.
Hope you are doing and feeling good
Susanne
 
Back
Top Bottom