THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

@Just4mules
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Home from psoas release surgery. Much easier than the hip replacement as I was full weight bearing immediately after surgery. OS said I had a lot of scar tissue which made it difficult to find the tendon, but he successfully released it. I am to take it easy for 10 days then go for a recheck. I hope this works!
 
Prayers all is a success.
Happy you're home. It's the best place for recovery.
Take it easy, getting lots of rest.
Healing wishes coming your way!
@Just4mules
 
Doing well- only used crutches for 2 days. Incision pain only, off narcotics after 5 days. New issue of spreading rash from the PRINEO tape. The NP did not seem concerned about it Friday at post op, but it is worse and driving me crazy. I am putting Benadryl cream on it but it is persistent. I am tempted to pull off the PRINEO early, but I am supposed to wait until 12/14. I will grit my teeth and try to hang on until Thursday morning.... he took out the entire other scar, so I guess this is my second chance to heal it. Still thankful every day for all the blessings in my life.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom