THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

Hi @Icespirit5
Good to hear the compression brace is bringing you some relief. Wishing you comfort as you wait for your appointment. Please let us know how it goes.
Until then....all the best. :)
 
2 ideas about limping, besides agreeing with the concentrated heel toe thing. 1 have you tried using trekking poles? They keep me vertical with better posture so I can really sense if I'm leaning over to favour the new hip so I auto correct and concentrate more. 2 think about replacing shoes. Im now using some summer shoes to walk the dog in that I didn't use last year (recovering from surgery end of may) and my hip - and knee - started aching ...looked at soles and realized tread wear was really skewed. Replaced them and voila, no more aches. Just a thought. Good luck!
 
Happy One Year Anniversary!
I hope you’re enjoying the Spring. Will look forward to hearing from you after your appt in July, if you feel like sharing...
Until then, all the best to you. :)
@Icespirit5
 
Went to my annual follow up with my OS. The hip itself is doing great! I do however have some tendonitis around it as well as piriformis spasms. He has sent me to some PT for that and to get some more gait training. As for my knees, he refered me to a sports med doc. He took xrays, and thank the Lord I do not have arthritis in them (bad knees run in the family). May have runners knees though. He did say everyone is made differently and Im different. My limp could possibly be because of some scoliosis in my back from being the way I was for so long. Nothing is too bad, but its been going on a while and Id rather have it checked out. Still glad I had my replacement. If I got a bit over zealous with my activity well Im just glad I can do it now :) Here is hoping some more PT and the Sport people can get me sorted out.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom