What were the symptoms you had that led to the discovery that you had an infection? (I have assumed that’s what it is) what are you able to do at the moment with your knee as it is?
You are right, I did (do) have an infection, staph lugdunensis. This particular bacteria is very difficult to eradicate, but it grows slower than s. aureus, so there are little to no overt symptoms - no fever, redness, swelling, etc. It only shows up in blood tests, in cultures, and eventually when it ate through the cement, as a loose tibial prosthetic.
The post-op blood test clearly showed the presence of an infection but the results were not read or acted upon and so the infection went untreated for two years, letting it embed itself and making it very difficult to kill.
In theory I am full weight bearing on that leg with the knee fused straight but in practice I have a high level of what is called 'stem pain' and am only partial weight bearing - I use crutches all the time and put in fewer than 1,000 steps per day.
If you have an infection then you really may have no choice - the two-stage revision is the gold standard of treatment and you may have to do it, even if it means several months in a wheelchair.
That your blood markers of inflammation are unremarkable is a hopeful sign but not a guarantee - these markers can be very imprecise as I have found. After your scan, if they still suspect infection, they will probably aspirate fluid from your knee and culture it to look for an infection.
Good luck.