THR I wanna sleep!<

@Josephine!!! Hi Josephine !! I have a question...I am 7 weeks post op and wrote a slew of questions for the PT & OS when I went for my visit this week...I can't remember if I asked about this one...I need cortisone shots in my knees ...replacements prob next year...is it safe at this time
...I know pre op there is a time frame due to increase in risk of infection...I don't think post op there is....not sure...need your expertise!! TY Josephine!!!-

all restrictions lifted except one position I must abide to for lifetime!!
Which restriction is this? I know of none.
I need cortisone shots in my knees. I know pre op there is a time frame due to increase in risk of infection
As for the cortisone shot, only when it is in the same joint as the surgery! And generally the time frame for such injections is about 3 months - wherever they are put!

@Donnarita hurray on all your progresses-- living life in the fast lane, you are. So exciting, a grandbaby sweet girl, any day now! We just had a full moon, so I guess baby blew that chance! Grandma will definitely want good knees in about a year-- I'm so sorry you are having to do it, but OTOH you know how good it will be after!

Last edited by a moderator:
Non operated hip ...painful catching inner groin....oh joy!!!!! Ughhhh just as things going good! More active...knees and hip pay the price I guess...try stay optimistic!!!

Tom morning cortisone both knees!! Try to put off knees till next year!!!Euflexxa annually helps...sooner or later...it gets ya!!!just like that !!!!!!

Admin note: some posts have been deleted because they were off topic for this thread.
If you want any 'fun' posts, please start them in the Social Room - that's what it's for!
Thank you!

Hi @Donnarita
Wondering how you're doing since the cortisone shots. Hopefully less pain.
I feel for you, a bad hip is enough, I can't imagine problem knees in addition.
Prayers for you and wishing you a great week.....

Hi @Donnarita
I read what a rough time you're having over on My Aussie Girls thread. So sorry! It seems like it came on like gangbusters. It sounds as though you know you'll need surgery and once confirmed you plan to schedule it.
Please let us know how your visit goes on December 6th. I guess if it needs to be done there is no sense in waiting. By Spring you'll be feeling like a new woman!
Sending a warm hug.....stay in touch.

TY Layla!! You are Always so so kind!! I am sure I will be booking the surgery on the 6th ...hopefully will get in for January...which means 2 more months with this pain grrrrrrr....try to manage it!! Maybe it's a good thing I will just get it over with...with my joint and family history he did tell me it would go but didn't know when...I had no pain and cartilage when he stayed xrayed it with the other hip...and the rehab putting all weight on that side for months I am sure it didn't help...but I am optimistic with the good outcome I had it will be ok...you know the deal...the first couple weeks and then not to have the bone in bone is a blessing!!! I was planning on doing knees after holidays but they are doing ok so far...TY fircall your support and caring ...I am not on all the time but I will keep you posted about my Dec 6 visit!! I miss Cheryl too I hope she is doing well!! Hugs

Sorry you’ve run into a problem with your other hip. While it is probably the OA, I thought I’d tell you that I had a problem with my hip a couple years before I needed surgery. I was walking on top of the snow crust and broke through which jarred my leg/hip and the next day I felt sore. Within a few days, I could hardly walk so I made appt with OS. They did exam and x-rays and recommended I take Aleve several times a day for a week or two (I forget now), use a cane and come back in maybe 10 days. When I went to dr, I was sure I’d need surgery. However, within a few days the pain was gone and I had no further problem for nearly 2 or 3 yrs when the OA really set in. Apparently the initial problem was due to inflammation of joint. While this probably isn’t your problem, I thought it was worth mentioning in case you had recently done something to aggravate it although I am sure there is only a remote chance of that.

Good luck with you OS visit and please be sure to keep us posted @Donnarita .

Last edited:
Hello all!! Been a while. Had surgeon appt yesterday. My left hip came so fast & fierce. The right hip I lasted almost a year. Not this one. It's only been 6 weeks and I am in bad pain.Thank God I got in fast. I am set for Dec 29th for my LTHR.

I had a pretty good outcome with the right hip recovery. Even not doing any outpatient rehab. It was causing too much trouble with my very OA knees. So I walked a lot and did isolated exercises and it worked well for me. The surgeon said I can do same thing if no problems. I had such bad knee problems for the past 10yrs and have been managing with Euflexxa annually. I never imagined my hips would ever go first but I am so ready to take this on again and know I will never feel this pre op pain again.

With the holidays and cooking baking shopping etc., it's been brutal but I wouldn't have it any other way. So my surgeries will be about 6 months apart. Was wondering, my friends, how your second time around was. I know it is a completely new surgery and am hoping the 2nd hip goes just as well. Can anyone share their 2nd time around with me?? Don't worry I can handle it Hahahahaha.

Well I hope to get on the December list and wishing us all a healthy and blessed holiday & especially 2018!!

My first hip I think was unusual in that it was too easy @Donnarita this new one now I did more stuff faster but I think my pain is/was just a tad more and I am now 12 weeks doing well just weaning off 2.5 Percocet. I have seen some people say the first hip was worse. Go figure lol. I can honestly say it hasn't been that bad. Hugs

Hi @Donnarita
Always nice to hear from you.
With our surgeries only 4 days apart you always remind me of recovery, in a good way, lol!
You know MyAussieGirl had her second replacement recently, as did Gone again. Of course you remember
dougie0216 who was on his second when we were on our first. So there are a few threads you can peruse if you care to. I hope you can manage your pain well enough to get through the holidays without being in misery. The 29th will be here in a flash, you'll be in recovery and things will be looking up in 2018. Yay!
Stay in touch!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
dxross
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom