THR I wanna sleep!<

Glad you are home and doing so well @Donnarita. Hoping to have same reaction as you with second hip. Happy healing!
 
Yahoo! You're home...all snug as a bug in a rug :yay:
You have to be so happy to have that in the rear view!
Hope your pain stays well managed and you're able to sneak in lots of warm cozy naps.
Wishing you a peaceful relaxing first weekend of recovery AT HOME :yes!:
Hugs to you :friends:
@Donnarita
 
Hi @Donnarita
Dropping by to say Hi!
Wondering how recovery is going on hip #2...
I hope all is well. Stop by and give us an update when you're feeling up to it.
Would love to hear from you.
A great rest of the weekend to you!
 
All temporary, as you know.
Hope you are well, double hippy pal!:roseshwr:
 
Wishing you well on your recovery. It sounds like you are off to a good start. Just remember to rest, ice and elevate lots!!
 
Hi my Friends!!! All is great!!! This hip definitely less pain & know the deal so I am way less nervous about doing things...it's been 12 days...was off pain meds in 2 days like first hip...this time I am on Mobic for 30 days..along with aspirin & I am taking 1000 mg Tylenol only once a day and an fine!!last time the back sleeping was horrible...I am taking 50mg Tramadol at bedtime and been sleeping 9 hour notes with no problem...I tried that last time...nothing worked for me at all...same surgeon..
Had Posterior Approach again...this time no RESTRICTIONS...he said things do change....I can sleep without pillow in between legs on my back...I can go on either side if tolerable whenever I want...I went on non operative side to try ...could do 10 minutes...have to put pillow between legs...I can point toes in..cross feet...etc...which I tested with no pain...for in shower fine...made meals...stairs fine...no bad thigh pain this time which is wonderful!!!!!!!! Got in and out bed by myself around day 5...doing in home PT..at my pace and which exercises do not cause pain...only soarness...but I walk all the time....get up every 2 hrs and walk 15 minutes..sit for half hour or so...then back in bed ice & elevate! The visiting nurse did tell me not to do what I did last hip and ice constantly...she said the hip needs to get good blood flow to the area to heal...that after 20 minutes the ice does nothing nothing any way...so I do have day I do ice after I walk or PT but not all the time and it feels great!!!!!--both hips I was truly blessed with no bad swelling or bruising at all...without the thigh pain and burning it is another world!!-- in fact I was in the kitchen and was cleaning up and realized.....get I didn't use the cane...but I did grab it..not going push it...this hip I can bear all my weight on it pain free also....big difference...I also waited a year to do the first one so it was much more damaged...this one as soon as I felt that pain I went....so rgecwait was 2 months...the surgeon agreed I don't have outpatient PT ...I didn't last time cause it killed my arthritic knees and I did fine....so I am going to continue my own therapy at home for month's and after 6 week check up get back to the pool at the gym!! He is also a great knee surgeon and when needed u will do my knees but so far so good ..I am also on the mobic this time which is probably helping...so this is where i am at...God is Good!!! So glad the surgeries are over and a better life is ahead!! My Love & Best Wishes for ALL of you to have the best 2018!!!! ❤❤
 
I do have cannot turn the leg in like when shaving...and cannot bend over sideways....only center between legs...as restrictions....
 
Hi @Donnarita
Thanks for the wonderful update!
I'll bet there is a lot less anxiety second time around. It hasn't been too long since your first surgery to
forget the drill. You and I were only 4 days apart for your first. Time sure flies!

It sounds as though this recovery is better than your first which is so nice for you, Donnarita. Icing has played a big part in many of our recoveries. Your PT's advice caused me to look at our article on icing. In the end it's a personal choice. I iced almost constantly, had minimal pain and had a fabulous recovery. I'm sure it was a combo of many things but definitely feel icing kept my pain and swelling under control.
Below is an article on icing ~
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/ice-to-control-pain-and-swelling.5493/
It seems to explain within the article why a PT may advise against constant icing and how to counter those effects.

You sound great....keep up the good work.

Best wishes for your comfort and a great week of continued recovery!
 
Last edited:
Layla it was the visiting nurse advice...and I totally agree...it's the patients recovery...could be right for one and not others..worked for me first time icing alot...this time not all time...but Ivan on a strong anti inflammatory this time...I see you are an Advisor!!!!!! That is just wonderful!!! You are truly a wonderful listener and full of knowledge for all of us!! I am so happy we all get to have you to help us in our journey!! Bone Smart you are so lucky to have Layla on board!!! Yaaaaay I just adore you! ❤❤
 
Oh Donnarita, you're a sweetheart. Thanks for the kind words.
Wow! Nine hours of sleep at night....lucky you! I think many would be envious of that.
I wasn't advised to follow any restrictions either but I did anyway. Self imposed restrictions.
I loosely followed the 90 degree rule because I was paranoid! I'd read about it so often that I couldn't grasp that I didn't need to follow it, lol!

It sounds like your recovery is going really well. I couldn't be happier for you. It's so nice to have the surgeries behind you.
2018 is going to be great! Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.
Hugs to you :loveshwr: :friends:
 
How are you, double hippy chick?
Hope the weather is giving you a break.
Guessing you could enjoy some fresh air about now!
Hoping all is going well with you!
 
Last edited:
Hey @Donnarita I hope you're doing well!
I can't believe you're coming up on a month already.
Wondering which recovery you're favoring.....Hip One, or Hip Two.

Not sure how often you are visiting the site these days but please consider
registering for Joint Replacement Awareness Day to be held on April 14, 2018.
It's a free event for those who have experienced Joint Replacement, as well as those
contemplating or awaiting a joint replacement.
There will be lots of interesting presentations and panel discussions with top experts in the
orthopedic profession. You can register and learn more by using the link below my signature.

Sending a hug and best wishes as you continue healing!
 
TY Layla & Mojo for always checking in on me!! I am not on here on a daily basis...definitely the 2nd hip was much easier!! Way ahead of the first hip!! I am 4 weeks in and totally without a cane all day!! I haven't been out yet...too cold and my PT doesn't want any chance of slip or falls!! I am back to laundry cooking etc....I would not overdue it if I couldn't...my body definitely let's me know when it needs to rest...I think the big difference too us the first hip I had terrible thigh pain for weeks...this hip none at all...the stiffness is minimal and no log leg!! The first week was the toughest and then it was better quicker!! I am done with in home PT this coming Tuesday...I am.not going for our patient PT as I did not with the first hip either...I just continued my exercises faithfully 3x day and added the elastic band ...andcwalj walk walk ...at least 4x day I in house walk ...now up to 20 minutes a session with no cane!!! The worst is over!! ❤
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom