Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chas, I just want to send my well wishes. I also echo what many have said, including your wife, about not rushing through this. I've been through it twice and I know from experience rushing gets you no where ... but further behind. Enjoy your down time. It's rare we get it with our busy lives these days. I'm trying to look at it that way--it's certainly not a vacation, but it's down time to nurture myself that I normally don't have.

Dorothy
 
Hi Chas, I just want to send my well wishes. I also echo what many have said, including your wife, about not rushing through this. I've been through it twice and I know from experience rushing gets you no where ... but further behind. Enjoy your down time. It's rare we get it with our busy lives these days. I'm trying to look at it that way--it's certainly not a vacation, but it's down time to nurture myself that I normally don't have.

Dorothy

Dorthy thanks for the info and your experience I will and have slowed down a bit and will let my body just heal. Lord knows it's been through enough, but thanks I know this maybe a wake up call for us all. And I am listening take care...
 
Wow... how far you have come, huh? What a fantastic recovery story!

Re: BM issue... I used Milk of Magnesia and it worked like a dream for me. I will write down the other product, as I've not heard of it before.

Sounds like you have a lovely wife. How great to have such great support RIGHT there!

Take care of YOU.
 
Wow... how far you have come, huh? What a fantastic recovery story!

Re: BM issue... I used Milk of Magnesia and it worked like a dream for me. I will write down the other product, as I've not heard of it before.

Sounds like you have a lovely wife. How great to have such great support RIGHT there!

Take care of YOU.

Thanks my wife is indeed the glue that keeps my family together couldn't make it without her.
 
You should (if you want to, of course) let her see these threads which compliment her..... caregivers are a HUGE part of our lives - whether surgery, end of life.... all the things in life that happen and we need people. I was absolutely shocked as to who "stepped up to the plate" in my hip surgery situation. I am SO single and SO independent... it's very hard for me to ask for help. This experience taught me that people WANT to help, and if you can "spread" out the needs we require... it's not such a burden on just one person.

There I go again.... TMI; but here's to your lovely wife! And your recovery.

Best.
 
You should (if you want to, of course) let her see these threads which compliment her..... caregivers are a HUGE part of our lives - whether surgery, end of life.... all the things in life that happen and we need people. I was absolutely shocked as to who "stepped up to the plate" in my hip surgery situation. I am SO single and SO independent... it's very hard for me to ask for help. This experience taught me that people WANT to help, and if you can "spread" out the needs we require... it's not such a burden on just one person.

There I go again.... TMI; but here's to your lovely wife! And your recovery.

Best.

I know exactly what you mean about being VERY independent, I have never liked to depend on other people. But at some point and time we all have to do it. It doesn't mean that we are weak it means that we are smart enough to realize that a little help may be in order. I enjoy hearing from you and I have read all of your posts looking forward to hearing more from you:yes!: It seems we are one and the same... also yes I have my wife read the posts applauding her for her strong support.
 
I even had clients at my dog shop who "know how I can be" (I still change my own flat tires!) tell me: YOU ARE NOT ALONE Alicia..... it was hard for me to accept and realize. One client showed up at the hospital the day after surgery (I was in 5 days); I couldn't believe it. Then, she came to my condo three more times uninvited, but just at the right time and I just felt so grateful. All these people.... I would have never asked to begin with, but what they did WILLINGLY....brought food, walked my dog, spent time with me, played Scrabble with me, brought me things to read.... all w/o me even asking. It's really taught me a BIG lesson.

You and your wife..... take care this weekend!
 
I even had clients at my dog shop who "know how I can be" (I still change my own flat tires!) tell me: YOU ARE NOT ALONE Alicia..... it was hard for me to accept and realize. One client showed up at the hospital the day after surgery (I was in 5 days); I couldn't believe it. Then, she came to my condo three more times uninvited, but just at the right time and I just felt so grateful. All these people.... I would have never asked to begin with, but what they did WILLINGLY....brought food, walked my dog, spent time with me, played Scrabble with me, brought me things to read.... all w/o me even asking. It's really taught me a BIG lesson.

You and your wife..... take care this weekend!

Here's hoping that you are to enjoying the weekend to, I actually hit a few tennis balls on the court( didn't move much) just hit a few. It felt soo good, now back to the real world.:egypdance:
 
Hi Chas

Sounds like you are slowly returning to enjoy some of the pleasures of life.. Hitting some tennis balls :) mobility will come, bit by bit :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom