THR I made it to the "Other Side"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AussieHippie Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears this and gets tired of it. I know people don't mean anything by saying it. I'm probably just over sensitive, that's what my husband tells me. After all we go through it just seems like one more thing to deal with. I like your response and your educating others. Even at PT I had a therapist tell me I was "too young". I responded by telling him it's more common than he knew for younger people to get replacements. I told him about this site and told him people from teens to their golden years get them. I don't think as a PT he liked being educated though. Come to think of it maybe that's why he pushed me harder on exercises that ended up giving me trochanteric bursitis. Huh?! Lol!

I got the cortisone injection Monday and it seems to have helped a tad, though it hasn't completely gone away. If I have a tear I know there is nothing to do but rest. My doc said I could take a week or two off PT to let it calm down/heal. I'm not ready to go back yet. Maybe another week...


Cheryl

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Its but a wee hiccup this time will go by and before you know it you will be dancing. Keep smiling

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Cleifeste .... could you please modify your signature to include not only the date but also what was done as in this example:

RTHR 16 April 2015

Thanks!!
 
I went to Phoenix yesterday for a checkup. The trochanteric bursitis
and IT band inflammation are still flaring up. My routine with this has been ice, heat, rest, NOT seeing the PT but doing light stuff on my own as tolerated- no pushing it. My doctor approved my routine, didn't push PT on me. I anticipated a scolding for this and felt like I was going to the principal. But he was totally ok so I stressed for nothing. He did give me another cortisone injection in the bursa, said sometimes it can take more than one. So let's hope injection 2 does the trick. Fingers crossed!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cleifeste I feel bad that I have not 'visited' Bonesmart for sooooo long: however, I wish you all the best and hope and pray that the trochanteric bursitis and IT bank inflammation would heal and that you would be pain/discomfort-free.

All the best and God bless!

@IMs
 
Hi @Cleifeste . Just read through your journey. I sure hope the injection helps. I'm sorry to hear that things have been a bit up and down for you but you're on the right track and better days are ahead. :thumb:
 
@IMs. Do not feel guilty for not being here in a while. Neither have I but that has not stopped my prayers for everyone who is going through, has yet to go through or has been through a hip replacement. Hippies are a very united group if even in spirit. I feel the encouragement and support and remember great advice from fellow hippies all the time. I am so glad I found this site!


Cheryl

LTHR. 16 April 2015

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @PegGene. I read your postings and understand you have a THR scheduled beginning of September. Waiting was the hardest part for me, I had a four month wait, but as it got closer it went very fast. Take this time to get your home prepared and pack everything you need for the hospital. I found a good packing list on this site. Keep me posted and I will keep you in my prayers. Thanks for your well wishes!


Cheryl

LTHR. 16 April 2015

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom