THR I made it. At last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions to ask you:
1. what medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking and how often?
2. how often are you icing your hip?
3. how often and how high are you elevating your leg?
4. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and PT?
 
Jo, I merged your threads as this is typical of the reason why I prefer members to just have one recovery thread. I had to go hunting for your other thread to see what the history was and I find that you've had this groin pain all along! You never said that, you minx! It matters a lot when people are replying to you - think of it as a bit like your hospital notes.
I also found this ...
Dr just gave me more Tramadol and said i should stick with it.
Try taking 150mgs of Tramadol once or twice a day. I did it for my knee and it made just the difference. My GP advised me to do so and I did but tried not to do it too much. You can see how I utilised this in the attached pdf
 

Attachments

Hi sorry, I only had my phone last night and couldnt find the other post, ill reply when I can get back on the lap top xx
 
I have some questions to ask you:
1. what medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking and how often?
2. how often are you icing your hip?
3. how often and how high are you elevating your leg?
4. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and PT?

Hi, ok im at the Lap top so I can answer your questions.

Yes, ive had groin pain a lot since the op but nothing like this, it is now unbearable :(

ok, Medication im on 100 Tramadol, 400 Ibruphen (cant spell it), Apixiban (twice a day) and Amitriptyline 30mg at night for the Nerve pain in my 'good' leg. I take the Tramadol and Ibruphen 4 times a day.

I dont ice my hip anymore as brusing has gone and that side doesnt hurt, I havent tried icing my groin but the pain is right inside so dont know if it would help.

I elevate my hip quite a lot in the day on my recliner. (it is not a basic one my chair lies rigt back and the foot area rises) So my Leg is above heart level.

Ok, so I am doing more (well I was!!) Trying to do more for the kids, have been out a couple of times, have tried to up my walking level, which i was told to do at 3 weeks post op. Im not doing any housework yet i just dont feel able to, ive tried cooking a meal but i had to sit on the perching stool to do this.

Also, I have been sleeping on my non operated side however ive had pillows between my legs and a single quilt rolled up in front of me to stop me rolling etc.

I worry it has dislocated, I felt pain like this when i was a little girl when my hip had slipped (when i had my first op) only difference this time i dont have pain above my knee like i did before al pain is deep in the groin xx
 
Did you have the Groin Pain pre surgery...Groin Pain was my BIG issue and now since the surgery
no groin pain here...lots other issues but no groin pain...

I'm no expert for sure, do you have access to emailing your doc or his assistants, I was emailing them a lot for some of my issues...and they always got back to me...running to the doc with everything is not what I wanted to do....do you see your surgeon soon? jam

Hi yes i did have groin pain prior to surgery but nothing like this, its gone from being an annoying pain to being unbearabe that i dont want to move, when im still no pain when i move seering pain deep in my groin. I dont have access to email my DR, ive called the GP surgery and they are going to call me back later today with some advice.
i am not due to go back until 22nd April xx
 
jojouk1983, Hi, have you done more than usual or reduced your meds? Either of those can cause pain to increase. Have you tried an ice pack? You could tag Josephine for advice. Hope it settles soon
Barbara

Hi, i have tried to up my activities because im now 4 weeks post op but due to the pain im back to doing not a lot again. ive not reduced my meds but im going to up them slightly to see if it helps. Josephine is on the case and im waiting for her reply :) x
 
Hi Barbara,

I took 3 Tramadol and it knocked me out, I slept from 11am until 3pm!

Unfortunatley the groin pain is still there regardless of what i take, the GP called me earlier and has written me up a perscription of Naproxin to take with the Tramadol and has suggested i get in touch with the specialist secretary to see if i can get an earlier appointment.

Work called me today to ask how i was and if i had any idea of when i could return.... I was honest and told them i didnt think it would be for a while yet especially as im in so much pain.

Thanks for asking xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] I made it. At last!
jojouk, so sorry you're having this groin pain. Certainly hope you can see you consultant soonest and get some answers. Please hang in there.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] I made it. At last!
 
Hi Jo, I'm sorry to hear you are in pain still. My post op surgeon date is 22nd April also, and btw that will be 7 weeks not 6 weeks post op! A long time to wait if you are in pain. I would try to get in earlier. Stress how much pain you are in, maybe throw in a few tears for good measure!
 
Hi jojouk1983,
I hope the medication change helps. It can take a while to make a difference. My post op check was at 8 weeks and I was seen by the specialist nurse. You only see the surgeon if you are an unusual case.
Barbara
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom