I hope this was the right decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lovestoread..PolarBear60andBionic1.....Thank all of you so much for you very kind and thoughtful posts. This is what I really needed, some positive feedback. I was beginning to think, "what am I about to do" LOL. It certainly makes sense that those with concerns would be more active in their posting and those that are doing really well, go on and live their lives. Thank you, all of you for continuing to participate to be cheerleaders for those who are having issues and or maybe even second thoughts. You ladies and all those that contribute are Angels!!!
 
@Stefny while I had an easy recovery for the first 3 weeks, I did experience an infection at week 4 and had to have a second surgery. However, I was still able to return to teaching first grade (AMs only for 6 weeks) at week 12 and full time at week 18. Last summer when I was 7 months out I was swimming 20 laps a day and biking 4 miles. I'm still doing that now 21 months out, just came back from my beach vacation and as of today I've hand washed my new car 3 times in the last month! I don't think twice about running to Target or the grocery store because of my knees. I'm often overwhelmed by how much I'm able to do compared to 2 years ago and thank God everyday that my infection is under control and I'm able to live a full life.
 
@KarriB.....Thank you Karri, for your response. It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive response to your knee surgery. So sorry to hear of your infection, but this is the thing, surgery is serious which is why everyone needs to cover their bases and really there are no "stupid" questions. And even then, stuff can happen. I, like others, have suffered with this ongoing knee pain (both knees) for about three and 1/2 years now, and at some point you just know it is not going to get better. Still, surgery is scary and I can totally understand how everyone on this site is expressing concerns. Really, a normal and natural thing to do. Which is why I am so grateful for a site like this and all of those who contribute. So so thrilled for you that you are able to go shopping etc. without the burden of hurting knees. How lucky are you? LOL Thank you again, Karri! :)
 
Pulling drains sounds awful also. I'm going to stop reading posts now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I accidentally pulled my own drain on the 2nd postop day, had gotten up to use the bathroom, sat back down on the bed and felt a short pinch type pain in the side of my knee. Wasn't sure what had happened until later when the nurse looked at the bag and deduced I must have accidentally pulled the drain out. Very little pain with that.
 
I barely even felt the drains coming out....bit was surprised at how long they were! I was a bit apprehensive with the first one, but by the second one, no worries at all!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom