Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

When I was at a place where I couldn't elevate, I took my cane and propped my foot and leg up on it. That cane saved me many a time!
 
What are your measurements for? I am not having anymore tests before surgery. Good luck with your fundraiser. Remember that while it is going on you will not be thinking about your knee....you will later when it starts swelling. Just make yourself take it easy....and take breaks....
 
If you can prop it up on another chair try that. Have fun!
 
@MathProf So....Just to let you know....yesterday my nurse called and said they had a cancellation and I could have my surgery on Monday at 10 am. So I had to scoot to Bloomington to get a pre-surgical physical. DONE. So surgery on Monday. Needing prayers to guide my surgeons hands and keep my angels round about me. Looking forward to it...but NOT!!! I know you know what I mean.
 
I survived the two Saturdays of my church fundraiser pretty well - not too much swelling or too much extra pain. Then this last Saturday was Homecoming for my husband's alma mater along with his 50th class reunion. This was even more standing and walking than the previous two Saturdays. But again, not too much swelling or too much extra pain. We are now heading back to our Florida home, where I can finally rest - quit climbing stairs 3-4 times a day, start more walking on good sidewalks (most of the sidewalks in our hometown up north are brick and I hate walking on brick - too uneven). Next appointments are Nov 2. I am not complaining - I just read the update from a fellow infection sufferer. I have had it easy in comparison.
 
It sounds like you are doing quite well! You've done a lot of walking lately and your knee has done great!
 
You’ve been pretty busy! Enjoy your Florida winter.

My husband’s 50 th high school reunion is next spring. Surely we can’t be old enough for that !!!!!
 
Today was a big day for appointments, as I am at the 5 month mark since my surgery. ID was very positive about how things are going, and even said I might get to stop the antibiotics in February. No signs of infection at all; CRP was at 5.0, and all other blood work spot-on normal! Then later I went to OS, and they are also very pleased. ROM was 0 - 125 degrees, which surprised them! I need to get into the pool, now that we are back in the sunshine state, and walk and get the knee stronger, but all is good. I am a very, very lucky girl! Thank you to all who have supported me through this. I hope I can give good advice and positive vibes to others!
 
That's all great news. :yes!: :yay: :happydance: :dancy: :spin:
I'm so glad for you.
 
Ah... getting in a pool. Sounds wonderful. We just have a hot tub and I can't wait to get into it. Have to wait for knee incision to heal up. It will come. It will come...
 
@MathProf That is great news!! I’m so glad that there is no sign of infection. And your ROM is awesome!!

Sending good thoughts your way. :console2:
 
That’s fabulous! When you start walking, start off slow and build slowly.
 
We started walking on October 27 with a 16 minute walk around our condo association (2 blocks wide and 1 block long). We have missed 2 days, and on one of those I went to the pool and walked in the pool for 1/2 hour. After the first we one night we went for about 20 minutes and I was in pain the next day, so we went back to the 16 minutes. Then this Tuesday we added a shorter distance and I was fine. You have inspired me to do this!
 
My advice (found on line) after starting a walking regimen is to not add time or distance for a whole week and once you do just add 5 minutes a week. Doing it this way I had no pain by the end of the week which is exactly what you want.
 
PET scan on Monday has been delayed since they couldn't get insurance approval before the weekend. I really don't think my cancer is back, but the cancer marker that I was tested for was at an all-time high, and I just would rather be safe than sorry. I walked too far last night on our walk (my husband just doesn't get adding just a little bit) and today I was where I could practice some stair climbing, so I spent most of the afternoon with my friend the icepack.
 
Ah, mathprof. I'm sorry. I know it's hard enough waiting to get a test- and then no authorization. Unfortunately , that's the nature of insurance these days .

I remember after being treated for cancer everytime I had an unusual ache or pain that didn't go away I would I insist that my oncologist run a bone scan or cat scan to make sure the cancer hadn't come back He was such a nice guy that he ordered the test every single time knowing that it would calm my fears. Eventually, I no longer treated each new pain as cancer. But it was scary for a while- a long while.

So I can definitely relate .I'm sure you are going to be fine and still sending thoughts and prayers and hopes that the auth comes through quicky .
 
@MathProf you sure are a great example of the old saying when it rains it pours. I have good luck with the insurance that we have now but I have had those problems with companies we had before. Hopefully, you will get approval on Monday. I've never had cancer, praise God, but that word strikes fear into my heart. What kind did you have? How long ago was it? I am, like @arizonaone praying for you and will continue to do so. Keep us updated. I can't speak to the cancer, but God is good. Just remember that. :)
 
@Madbkseller I had Stage I breast cancer in 2009. The oncologist thinks it is probably nothing - after all its been 9 years, but 'thinks' its nothing, isn't nothing. So we wait. Things are complicated by the fact that I have State of Illinois insurance (as a retiree who is less than 65) and being from Illinois you can probably imagine how 'fun' that is!!! I am pretty sure it will get approved, eventually!
 
Just keep your spirits up....sometimes that's all you can do. I often think of that old poster with the kitty holding on to a curtain rod and it says, "Hang in there, baby" LOL
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom