I have a date, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pacmac, I am feeling very anxious too about my THR. I had hip displacia that was not picked up at birth and I had surgery when I was 7 to correct it. Since then, I am now 36, my hips have gradually got worse. I am very inflexible and going up stairs is not easy or standing up from the floor without pulling myself up on something. I pick upi a lot of things with my feet as bending over is not easy. I have been back and forth in my mind so much as I dont get a lot of pain and most stories I hear are of people in excruciating pain. I am however booked in for the 6th August, so bloody scared but I hope to be like a new woman afterwards!! How are you currently feeling about your surgery? :-)
 
Funny that you ask right now @Wally79 I actually am a little weepy today! I know I've made the right decision because the pain and change in routine is tiresome and depressing, but I'm scared too!!!! I see you're only 36 and have been dealing with this for a lot longer than I have. Even if you don't have a lot of pain, if your life and activities are altered to a point that you have to think about every movement and you have to plan around your hip, then we need to do it and become new women!! :yes!: I have a class on Thursday, so I'm hoping many of my questions will be answered and I feel better, not more scared! We'll hang in there together and stay in touch. Reading the comments here has helped me.
 
Worries pre surgery are normal, and why not this is a big decision, big operation and big improvement on life after. Never be scared to voice concerns but all will be fine.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Wally79 I see you were moved up to next week!!! Eeek is right, but you'll be fine and you'll be two weeks ahead of me on the way to recovery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom