Guest viewing is limited

How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just joined the forum yesterday. I hope, BeachGal, that you are out of the pain of everyday living and doing well after your surgery. Mine is next Wednesday and I am out of the scared part and actually looking forward to getting it done and over with. Have been in pain in the hip since 2007 and should have had this done 5 years ago.

Just writing to wish you a speedy recovery!
 
@BeachLover, only the second day from surgery and I have to say, the hip pain gone! A bit of incision tenderness but nothing you can't handle! I wish I had done it sooner!

You'll be so happy once it's over and you realize that you are on the path to wellness! It will take time and patience but worth it, believe me!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ah - pain meds . . . :)
glad to see you on this side -
the relief is palpable -
 
@cr8tvt, been posting on my thread on recovery side! Sorry, and I've missed seeing you. JB's Joyous Journey. Come over and let's keep in touch! I'm eight days post op!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm eleven days post op and wanted to add to the pre op list of things to address...if you are on shower/bathing restrictions as I have been, locate and arrange for a hair salon to wash your hair while you're prevented from doing it yourself. I had mine done this morning and feel like new money.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm five weeks post op and have been searching for a safe and acceptable way to remove hair from my legs while observing restrictions and using blood thinners. I was cautioned by my OS to stay away from razors and even though I had plenty of folks nearby who would have helped, I was just too paranoid of getting cut and risking infection. Into my third week I investigated getting my legs waxed but info online advises against it with blood thinners as it can cause bruising. So I did try to shave then but it was not worth it.

This week I was doing a bit of shopping and picked up a bottle of Nair-Baby Oil formula, and used it according to the directions. It worked like a charm. Don't waste any time on any other method for removing leg hair when this is easy, fast, and inexpensive. Adding it to my list of "must haves" for pre op!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom