THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Omg! Subject to the Hotel for Hippies agreeing to admit me post op I am scheduled for 9th August. The lovely Consultant’s PA - same one as last time - got in touch..

@Klassy I’m back and see you are now a double hippy…
Hopefully there will be people on here I still know..

Best wishes Surrey Girl x

So happy to read your recent update! August will be here before you know it.

Subject to the Hotel for Hippies agreeing to admit me post op I am scheduled for 9th August.
Silly me is excited for new adventures from the Hotel for Hippies :wink: I wish it didn't have to be at the cost of you recovering from surgery though. Will be with you every step of the way. I hope your discomfort / pain is manageable at this point and time flies for you. Until next time, all the best SG! :friends:

@SurreyGirl we're here for you! August will be here lickety split. Amazing how quickly time moves once you get that date. Keep us posted. :friends:

I also spoke to the Consultant's PA re my worry about pain management. She has made a note and has also told me to be clear with the people doing the Epidural and GA and ask them to pass on the message to the ward. We shall see! This time I am not going to wait 3 days before complaining!

@SurreyGirl you're on the final leg of this journey, it be done and over before you know it. Wishing you all the best on this 2nd time around. We're here for you. :friends:

Sending good vibes your way---I love your positivity and how proactive you are being! It isn't going to be fun, but before you know it, it will be over, and you'll be able to start on the path to recovery and a more pain-free life!

You had your first hip done about a week before I had my right hip done. I recall seeing you here on the forum. :) So far my other hip has been very quiet, but who knows what the future holds?!?! Here's hoping the next weeks pass quickly for you! :loveshwr:

Thanks everyone! Guess I will start a new Recovery thread once I get the op done. I hope it doesn’t get delayed due to strikes etc although I do sympathise with the nurses and Junior Doctors.

Subject to the Hotel for Hippies agreeing to admit me post op I am scheduled for 9th August.
Silly me is excited for new adventures from the Hotel for Hippies :wink: I wish it didn't have to be at the cost of you recovering from surgery though. Will be with you every step of the way. I hope your discomfort / pain is manageable at this point and time flies for you. Until next time, all the best SG! :friends:
Thanks so much. I’m dreading it after my experience last time but hopefully it will be better this time round . I won’t overdo it during the recovery either (famous last word)!

Well, I'm sure you've read it numerous times on this forum, but no two hips are the same. I bet this time around will be so much better for you. Plus you are setting the groundwork to have adequate pain relief.
My second THR was the harder one.. I was a bit surprised! But it was addressed well, mostly.
August 9th is fast approaching, you will be so glad to have this over with!! :yay:

Last edited:
Tomorrow! Nurse has just called. Some confusion re the time of the op but called now for 7-15am and op either 11:15 or 13:15… The Consultant had specifically said I should be on the morning list and the confirmation letter reflected that, but the Theatre list is different… they have now switched the timing twice in the last hour so goodness knows what is going on. Yet again I am having to advocate for myself. Well at least it has ignited my fighting spirit!!

Here we go again :-(

Tomorrow it is then!! Yes, you have your fighting spirit going and it will serve you well. I sincerely hope you won't need to exercise it much.
I will be thinking of you (at all mentioned times..hahah) sending good energy and good thoughts your way.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009