Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thank you so much @Mojo333 Yes, my days of hoping this will go way on its own are gone. Peace and comfort is exactly what I need RN. Bless you friend.

Going to try round the clock Tylenol today. Getting grinding pain at knee now in addition to mid thigh. Hoping it means the stem is very loose and will easily remove. Ice made it much worse so maybe heat will work.
 
I am hoping the heat will help ease your new pains, too. :console2:
Your spirit is still bright to think the silver lining, to the knee pain, is because your implant is loose and therefore easy to remove.:fingersx: Glad you still have a bright spirit. It will serve you well.
I have to agree, Mojo333 has some very insightful and sound advice help you in this journey.
 
No, no, no...please don't feel hopeless. As long as there is breath, there is hope. Have faith and hold onto hope that God will work through this surgeon's hands to accomplish the desired result followed by complete healing.
I do believe this. :prayer: Please think on that.
You're in my thoughts daily and I'm lifting you in prayer.
Big Hugs
@Fit4Family
 
Thank you so much sweet friends @Layla @leejaa @VSlowLife ❤️

Our whole family has been lifted by all the kind words and prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comforting conversation with Dr. Peterson this morning. He has an excellent bedside manner and seems well aware of all that needs to be accomplished.

Surgery moved up one day so I am his first of day. Now: December 26th at 7:30 AM
On couch and bed rest until then to avoid loosening this more.

christmas-angel
 
Oh, my goodness, @Fit4Family, so very sorry to read of this horrible pain and the undoubted anxiety which is taking up every waking minute of your life. I am sure you must feel overwhelmed at times, and I think that is entirely understandable. But do hold on to hope and a belief that you've got an excellent surgeon and that this IS going to get fixed, now one day earlier than planned. I suspect it will be a difficult Christmas this year as you struggle through each day. But know that you are loved by your family and friends, who are undoubtedly your biggest cheerleading section, along with all your hipster friends on BS who are thinking positive thoughts and wishing along with you that the days will pass swiftly and you'll be in and out of surgery with a properly fixed new hip. Then it will be on to the new year which I am choosing to believe will be a year of healing and regaining of strength and flexibility. You've got a lot of living stored up, and by summer I'm hoping you'll be waltzing around with a giant smile on your face. Thinking of you this morning and sending you cyber hugs--hang in there!
 
Oooh, a day earlier now....Its a belated Christmas gift!! Only 7 1/2 hrs late. It will be the best gift you receive this season. I love that you seem to like, trust and have faith in your surgeon and am thankful for the comforting conversation you engaged in together this morning. Hopefully further boosting your confidence in him and his ability to resolve the issue allowing you to finally move forward, which you will. :yes:
 
A day earlier and first case. That is great. I am glad that your new surgeon has a good bedside manner. I always want my surgeons to be technically proficient but still able to communicate with me and answer my concerns and questions. :snow::wreath:
 
Thank you so much @Barbaraj Was happy to read that you got back to PT and that is helping your sore muscles after a day of wrapping. I imagine your Christmas morning will be full. Many happy family members. Will be grateful to get this show on the road, mostly for all the what ifs that I have been told about. Hope you can carve out some You time this week and weekend.

Agree about technically proficient @leejaa This will most likely be complicated so I do trust in his skill, but I am also glad he has taken the time to listen to my concerns and even called to answer questions. Above and beyond which was unexpected.

I so appreciate your confidence @Layla I agree it will be the greatest gift to be finally moving towards recovery. You have been such a faithful friend. I am truly blessed by you and this community.

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Oh boy! A day earlier! I am so happy to read this new development.. I believe you've found your surgeon who is going to fix things right for you. I really do believe that.
While I am so sorry that you need the revision I am also so pleased that the OS is able to get you into the surgery schedule quickly. Let's get this started and over with!

I know you love your yard and plants, and by spring you will be ready to start your yard work and enjoying life in general. It's been too long!

Hugs to you and your family! Oh and a dancing banana, too. Because it's the holidays. :banana-santa:
 
So happy you had a good talk with your surgeon today, having a good solid feeling about them and their abilities is so helpful. And wonderful to hear you're moved up a day and first in, a great Christmas gift!
:santa-dance:
 
Hi @Fit4Family . I'm joining the others and wish you a successful revision and, finally, recovery. You're so patient. I hope you will be able to enjoy yard work in spring. What's the weather like where you are now. Here in the Frankfurt area it's very mild and well above freezing - almost like spring.
I also like your pseudonym - yes - we owe this to our families to be fit That's why I mustn't take any more unnecessary risk while riding my bicycle. Especially my third daughter was very worried. Best wishes - we'll write again soon.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom