• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

VSlowLife

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Your tree is lovely, @Fit4Family ! I have not put one up in a few years. I will admire yours! Thanks for sharing.
I have been reading about your journey. You have had a long and difficult journey, but it sounds like everything is falling into place to get a final, lasting resolution for your hip.:fingersx:
I especially like Layla’s “Silent Night” adaptation for you. Many positive thoughts are coming your way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Thank you so much @VSlowLife I appreciate your positive thoughts and encouragement.
Trusting my surgeon now to do his part and taking next two weeks to be ready for the day physically. Looks like we will be sharing recovery on the other side. Look forward to healing together.

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Received my Hospital Packet with lots of great advice. This will be my third surgery, in third hospital, First that is planned. Impressive packet, going in Tuesday to get surgical wipes. Never been to Hospital before. Far away from our home.

Medical sign off today with Primary Care Physician. Hoping he can give me something for sleep. Leg is falling further out to side daily and wakes me up in throbbing pain.

Began restrictive, anti inflammatory diet again as I want to do all I can to make this successful. Not going to attempt baking this year. Too hard not to eat. Neighbors will keep kids happy with generous plates I am sure.

Question for Forum. Can I keep this thread, and do I have to move to pre op?

Last edited:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
If you would like, you could start a preop revision thread.
New surgeon. New Hospital. New op.

We are all here to virtually hold your hand.
:friends:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Good Morning Sarah,
I hope you were able to get some sleep last night and feel refreshed this morning. If you'd like to keep this thread, you're welcome to continue your story right here. We aim to please. :wink: You're consideration of new members on the pre-op side is very thoughtful.
Sending a warm hug and wishes for a peaceful day.
@Fit4Family

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh Sarah @Fit4Family
So glad that you’ve finally got a surgeon you have confidence in & that he has validated all your own opinions on your surgery...
You have such an amazing & positive attitude that will see you through the next few months of recovery..
Your tree looks fabulous... I love just sitting in the glow of tree lights before Christmas... feels so calm.
I never found a recliner helped me at all ... even though I’m only 5’2 & a 27” leg length.... but laying on my 3 seater setter gave me a much better sleep...hope you find a comfortable place..
Hoping you can enjoy Christmas with that awful pain... have you tried putting a pillow under your knees... that really helped before my hip operation...
Thinking of you darling ... wishing you every good wish my hipster sis... you deserve to get this sorted now...
Much love & hugs... Chrissie xxx

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Thank you so much Chrissie! ❤ I appreciate all your good wishes hipster sister. Have some sleep meds being called in by my primary doctor. He was pretty shocked at my long recovery. I think I will just have to try out different spots like you said. Each surgery seems different. I will just have to see how I feel later this month. Have most of my gear collected and out of sight for now. Go back and forth on trusting surgery, but surgeon seems great.

I do love this time of year. Reflecting and enjoying the beauty of the celebration. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Much love sweet friend xxxxx Sarah

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Good morning all, :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:

Finally got a full 8 hours of sleep last night with a little help from Primary Doctor. Few times up, but huge improvement.

Getting hand of crutches. Awaiting delivery of sheepskin covers as hands are raw. Think I may use one crutch on recovery side rather than cane because it’s far easier to stand up straight. Silver lining I guess is that I am learning that fun skill now. Lol

Sleep sure is a mood booster. Wow what a difference it makes.

Going4fun

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Fit4Family Great to hear of the good night sleep. You're right, a good night sleep can make a huge difference in our mood and function. A good friend of mine once talked about getting some temporary sleep medicine from her doctor. She said the problem with not sleeping is that the resulting fatigue blocks our ability to even think. She was like, we might need a few days or weeks or whatever of medicine-induced sleep in order to be able to think clearly about how to get better sleep without medicine.

I never forgot this phrase of hers. Good job to consult with your primary doctor.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I had something like that also, @ceezee
I used my dads walker from his THR so the foam was already in place on the handles and it did help! He sliced it down the middle and slid it over the handle part of the walker. Inexpensive remedy for sure.

Hi @Fit4Family :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: Wishing you comfort and a great Thursday!

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Well, @Fit4Family, sounds like the process is rolling forward and you'll be ready to go on the 27th. I do hope that this revision surgery completely fixed the problems you've experienced during this long and painful process. If anyone deserves a fabulous outcome, it certainly would be you! Glad to read that baking isn't happening, and you'll be leaving the baking to others. I am certain that your family and friends will be sympathetic and your children and spouse won't be lacking in goodies this year. The focus must be on your needs and how to make the next few weeks and months manageable and successful. Also glad to read that you were able to get 8 hours of sleep--woo, hoo--sleep is so elusive sometimes so when you're actually able to get the full complement you need, it must be wonderful and a great mood booster. Hang in there, deep breath and that all important "one day at a time". Cheers.

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Such inventive, smart ideas @ceezee and @Layla. Found set for 14 on Amazon. Don’t want to go out anymore than necessary so many bugs in the air. Can’t risk getting something at this point. But you two sure are creative!

Hi @Barbaraj Yeah, kids and their cookies. I do feel a tiny bit sad as I love baking and holiday meals. I may make my favorites in February and we can have them for Valentines Day! Thank you for your wishes. ❤ I do hope everyone gets a fine working joint. Recovery is loooooonnnng, so optimal function is ideal. One can wish anyway. :praying:

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Good morning @CricketHip Thank you so much xxx. Slept 9 hours!! Going to bed crazy early, but it’s working. Hoping I can keep logging some zzzzz.

How are you progressing? Need to look for your latest update. Closing in on the big 6 month appointment. :loveshwr: Sarah

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Found this study to be very interesting @VSlowLife Saw you had posted it on another thread. My GYN suggested a daily probiotic for urinary track issues after second surgery. They went away within a week of starting. I have continued and after reading this, will be keeping it going for the near future. I believe diet, particularly healthy fiber from plants play a huge role in healing. Thank you for sharing the link. ❤https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2019/07/link-found-between-gut-bacteria-successful-joint-replacement

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OK918
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom