Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hello @Constanze Thank you so much for your kind wishes. We live in Virginia which is pretty mild. We do get four seasons, but Winter is usually only below freezing for six weeks. We have numerous flowering shrubs and trees so Spring is generally gorgeous here. My bulbs need attention, but that will be next Fall.

Yes my family really keeps me motivated. I want to be active again and able to ride my bike and take trips, and live life to its fullest. Best wishes to you as well. Hope you are back to cycling soon.
 
Hope you are resting comfortably today (well, this evening now as I'm writing this) @Fit4Family, and it's one more day closer to surgery and, we all hope for you, a slow return to a perfectly healing hip and definitely a stronger, more positive future. You've been through so much that you certainly deserve to have this new (and FINAL!) surgery work so thing starts moving properly again. Hang in there, day by day and you're getting closer. I know it's not much fun, this wait which must seem endless, but time is passing and you will get there. I think you said you had a flurry of holiday movies available to watch--I hope they keep you entertained and amused, anything to pass the time and I'm betting family and friends are all pitching in to help out as best they can--try to enjoy being "queen for the day" despite the pain and tedium of the wait. Cheers and hugs!
 
Good Morning @Barbaraj :SUNsmile:

I got 7 hours of sleep, went to bed early as has been my pattern lately. Taking rest when I can get it. Darn pain is my constant companion right now. I am so excited for Christmas morning. Only have a few presents still in route. Today I am going to plan menu that I know my crew can make easily. I appreciate your encouragement Barbara. 1 more week.
 
Name that thread. Hoping to make it easier for others to find answers. Grateful for finding several here today. What a gift.

Thread Title change if possible:

“Hope for 2020, THR Revision for loose stem, after Hip Fracture“

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR
 
It's amazing to me that your dear hip waited for you to book your surgery before completely falling apart! You are almost there; you've got this. And Christmas will be a joyous distraction for you and your loved ones. :presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
Thank you @Bfam85 Joyous distraction to be sure. I think fairy lights should be on list of must haves for all joint replacements. Such a comfort.
:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

I am doing everything I can to avoid another emergency surgery. Been there, done that. So yes, it’s really good it’s almost here.
 
So sorry Sarah you are in a lot of pain.... but glad your op has been moved up...
It’s much better going into the op planned and not as an emergency.
Sorry to have missed all your posts & not commented before but I have PM’d you... life has been a little difficult with some dear friends who are both now terminally ill..

Take care you gorgeous lady... you have been a generous hearted supporter of so many of us despite all your difficulties... it’s your time to shine!!!!

All my love & hugs. Chrissie xx❤️❤️
 
Good Morning @Fit4Family
Sending love and a hug for the weekend along with, Hoppy Nanny.
Can't get too much love, or too many hugs! I hope you have a peaceful, anxiety free day. Your new beginning is only days away, no more practice runs, this is the real deal and it's going to be good! Hold onto that thought...
:loveshwr: :friends:
 
Good morning, @Fit4Family, less than a week to go now, although a huge holiday celebration the day before to be gotten through. I hope you don't have to do a thing, that your family and friends all pitch in to help, and you can simply recline on a couch and watch and, I hope, be distracted and amused. I know you'd prefer to not be facing yet another surgery, but you seem confident and everyone is rooting for you that this one, a FINAL surgery, is going to go well. And while I certainly don't want to be in your shoes, the thought of having others prepare the Christmas Day meal sounds very enticing! Hang in there, and hoping the pain, while certainly an ever present companion, isn't taking over such that you can't enjoy the lights on the Christmas tree, or holiday music or the love and affection of those dear ones around you. Hope today is as comfortable as possible for you--hugs.
 
Thank you so much dear friends for the hugs and good wishes. @Hoppy Nanny @Layla @Barbaraj

I do feel very lifted by your encouraging words. ❤ Heading up for a nap. Sleep wasn’t my friend last night. Too much fact finding I suspect. Trying to let go and trust the process now. Had nurse call today and will register at Hospital Monday. Preserving 24th and 25th for peaceful celebration. xxxxxxx

5 days until :santa-dance:
 
You have this and we're all right here with you. :friends:
Love that you reserving the 24th and 25th for peaceful celebration. Revel in the sights of the decorations, the sounds of family laughter and smells of good food.
:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
Sarah.. Glad to hear you were able to nap today, I can just imagine you at 2 am "fact finding"
Not a good thing to do but we do it anyway.

Just keep reminding yourself of how much you liked your revisionist and remember how empathetic he's been and also getting you into his schedule in a timely manner.



I wish the very best for you. Lot's of rest and relaxed family time..and your peaceful celebration plans.
:roseshwr::presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: this is you on Christmas Morning.
 
Thank you @Elf1 I hope I can turn it all off once my last thing is checked off Hospital list. I know you waited forever for your surgery date. Finding waiting and all the time to dwell on the unknown harder than my original emergency route. Wishing you a peaceful celebration Elf. Need to find your thread for your latest hip news.

Yes, @CricketHip if only I would stop reading. Lol. Most hipsters did this on front end. Lol I am full to the ears with knowledge now. Hoping to at least avoid medication and GA wows this go around. Narcotics were rough.

Sending my best wishes to you both for a wonderful celebration. Thank you so much for the gift of your time, compassion, wisdom and humor! ❤️

:wreath:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Sweet Sarah ... and I will be a lounge lizard with you this weekend obviously having done mischief to myself embarking and alighting from the static bike. :bicycle2:

Please take care of yourself although I am sure your beautiful family will pamper you.

Have a peaceful weekend and I will be sending special wishes to you from across the miles. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Izzy xx
 
Wow, Sarah. That was a fun video!
I’m with you. GA and narcotics don’t agree with me much either. I loved the spinal and just enough sedation to have a great nap. Sure, I took the narcotics with the intense pain when I had it. Not sure they really helped that much. I think more elevation and icing would have been better. But of course, I didn’t find this forum until a month after! Now I know! Lol. Here’s to a beautiful peaceful celebration after your last check on your hospital list.
baby-jesus:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom