Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

@Fit4Family I appreciate your description of yourself as a fact finder. I like to read and fact find too. I think it helps me to relax more knowing I have done my best to plan, before and after surgery care.
It does sound like you have a very good surgeon this go round, and you will have all that lovely holiday food to fuel your healing process.

I loved the piano guys! Thanks for sharing.
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Thank you @VSlowLife I agree information does help. Although, waiting is a tough skill to master. I hope you have plenty of distractions lined up for January. I will be here to help you on your wait and recovery. Glad you enjoyed the Piano Guys. So talented.

:carols:
 
Thank you @VSlowLife I agree information does help. Although, waiting is a tough skill to master.
Like you, waiting is one of the things where I have the most trouble. I’ve found that it’s the worst when have have no actual idea of when it’ll happen, like getting test results back for serious issues. I’d be on pins and needles until I finally got news.

You have a date and it’s a good one! You have a great family and a great holiday to help you make your way until Thursday. I’m hoping this can give you some relief from the tension of biding time. When Thursday comes you can take a deep breath and then you’ll soon be in recovery and getting back to your life.

Hang in there.....you are doing great!
 
You’re welcome! Yes, waiting is a skill, especially when in pain. I have been waiting a long time.
I did request to be placed on the cancellation list, but it is not looking like I will go earlier like you. You are in much more need of a sooner surgery.
One distraction is making some healthy frozen meals for post surgery that are easy to grab with a grabber, in the event I have restrictions.
Thank you @Fit4Family! I will be here to support you through this surgery, too!
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
So very true @ceezee Hibernation is sounding really good about now.
:snow plough: just because you find this relaxing!

Admittedly knowing the date is easier than the not knowing. I also have great faith in the surgeon, so that really helps.
 
I love those two happy energetic Piano Guys and all that prettiness in the background. Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

New beginnings for the New Year, coming right up. It's going to be good!
I hope you have a relaxing Sunday and a peaceful Christmas with your family.

Prayers for comfort and peace of mind as you wait.
@Fit4Family
 
Wishing those who celebrate Christmas a very peaceful celebration.

Keep hoping to hear updates on a couple of hipster friends. Healing wishes to all.

My true love gave to me. Sweet, sweet hubby.

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR
 
What a beautiful arrangement, @Fit4Family, completely appropriate for a lovely lady awaiting her big day with courage and fortitude. Hope your holiday celebration is full of family and fun, and the certain knowledge that the following day you'll be on your way to a fully repaired hip and a much easier 2020! Merry Christmas, and hang in there!
 
Oh my goodness... you are loved!
He's a keeper and lover of your heart. Such a beautiful arrangement and so festive.

I hope you're feeling more at peace and confident in the ability of your surgeon to turn this all around. Envision the positive outcome coming your way. A mere three evenings from now you will be resting comfortably, pain well managed and on the way to your new life in the New Year. Three days closer to that new beginning.
Sending a hug, sweet Sarah, and wishes for a peaceful Christmas Eve.
@Fit4Family
 
Want to take a moment before time slips away to wish you a most successful revision, Sarah. Hope you go into the New Year in peace and comfort.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :santa-dance:
 
Thank you so much!! @SarahBee @Layla @VSlowLife @Barbaraj :loveshwr:

My hubby is truly a keeper. This has taken a tole on my sweet husband. He is normally such an easy going, funny guy. I know I am very lucky that he is still hanging in there. Glad we have Christmas and the kids to fill our next couple days.

Trying to keep upbeat and focus on positive outcome. Agree it’s important! Being at hospital today made it all very real. Sporting a beautiful red arm band from antibody blood test. Spoke with Anesthesia department while there about best plan, since last time lots went wrong. Damaged vocals and prolonged loss of voice. Likely to be long surgery so they wanted it mapped out.

Big thank you to all of you. What a long year.

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Sarah. You had a big day. I hope you are resting tonight and enjoying those beautiful flowers from your husband. He sounds like the perfect partner for you. You both will get through this and I can't wait to watch you recover and flourish!
I hope and pray that your vocal chords are spared any irritation this time. It's good to hear that the hospital staff is carefully planning your care. You deserve the very best in care and it sounds like you found it with this surgeon. :praying:
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hi dear Fit4Family.
Though I'm glad this is coming sooner than later..
Just thought about how you will likely be restricting your diet and your Christmas will be spent trying to keep your anxiety down. Noone wants mama tearful on Christmas.:sad: I'm sure your whole family is feeling the stress of this.
My best friend shared this quote with me in a card for me on the eve of my surgery and I embraced it then and since, as life has many struggles.

When you come to the edge of all the light you have, and must take a step into the darkness of the unknown, believe that one of two things will happen. Either there will be something solid for you to stand on - or you will be taught how to fly.
Patrick Overton


God is watching over you.
I know because I asked him to.

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom