Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Aww, dear sweet Sarah :console2:I'm so sorry to read this. I wish I could give you a hug right now. I'm sure you're feeling pretty defeated in your efforts to do everything right while hoping and praying your recovery was progressing as it should. You finally have an answer, and although it's understandably devastating it's the first step in correcting the issue and getting this right once and for all so you're finally able to move forward. You will be in my prayers for comfort and peace of mind as you take next steps. We'll always be here for you, big hugs. Please stay in touch and let us know how your appt goes on Monday.
@Fit4Family
 
Oh, my gosh. You have to be devastated and mind numbed from such news and you’re still offering encouragement to me. :bawl:❤️
It will take some time to wrap your brain around this, Sarah. I also wish I could give you a big hug. Think of one from me anyway. I’m here for you in any way possible.XXOO:console2:
 
Thank you so much @Layla You are such a sweet, wonderful person. I appreciate your prayers so very much. Really feeling pretty lost. Guess I will fill my time with as much Christmas as I can before Monday. Sending ❤️ xoxo
 
@Fit4Family So, dear friend, what can I say to help you keep things in perspective? You are going to see a specialist next week who will have seen your case in the past and will know just what to do to insure this won't happen again. I was so sad to read this, but now you know. I'm so glad you did make that decision to go today. Now, you prepare to have a revision. At least you are proceeding with the next course of action, and that should help you feel more in control. Just wondering, did your surgeon use screws? I have a screw through each one of my implant cups. My OS is also a revision surgeon and I believe he does this to everyone whose hips he replaces. You will be in my prayers that the surgeon will assure you that he can fix this, once and for all! :prayer:
 
That is not the news you or anyone else wants to receive, and I can only imagine the shock you and your husband are feeling right now. Please know my arm is around you in friendship and support. You will not be walking through this alone.
 
Along with every single person who’s come to know you in this forum I’m sending lots of hugs and positive vibes. You’re a very strong person. And now you know that your concerns since July were valid and even though they were hard to diagnose you finally have a definite resolution. I hope you get through this step before the end of year and not just for insurance reasons but to immediately start next year anew. But hey, regardless, next year will be a definite improvement!

I also felt sorry for my husband when it ended up that my femur was fractured during my second hip replacement and I’d need even more extensive help for at least another month. But he amazed me (ok, not true, I had no worries, I knew he'd come through) and after getting a second breath your guy will be there to give you all the support you need.

❤️❤️❤️
 
Oh no.. I am speechless.. I am so sorry @Fit4Family. Well, at least now you know and hopefully you can find a very accomplished revisionist to get things squared away.

All I can say is, what others have said, you are strong and resilient and let's pray this is the last thing to fix and it's all positive going forward.

So very very sorry. ((hugs))
So glad you kept your appointment!
 
Thank you so much sweet friends.

Feel your prayers and hugs. Will respond when I get my bearings. Our son has a guitar concert tonight that I really want to see. May brave standing in the back. Probably his last school concert he doesn’t want to take next year.

It’s real life that will get me through this, socks, lunches and the love my family still needs. You all are truly my sanity in this. Only people who truly understand. I feel your encouragement and for that I am truly grateful.
 
Adding my healing thoughts, gentle hugs and prayers that this revision sets you back on the path to getting did it the pain. Sorry it took so long for the diagnosis but you now have a way forward, no matter how much we all wish it were different. Go to the concert tonight and try to just be in the moment, worry about Monday on Monday. Please keep us posted and know we're all here for you. :console2: :praying:
 
Oh my stars... @Fit4Family
I, too, hate to hear this news.:sad:
I know you have felt things we not right for some time however and we will just love you right through this next recovery...:loveshwr: you know the drill...and get this done right so you can be on your road to healthy and happy!:friends:

I'm sorry you have to do this but I KNOW you can.
Big hugs xxx
 
@Fit4Family .... I am so sorry to hear that your stem has loosened and you're now looking at a revision. There is something to be thankful for in this case. As your surgeon said, since the stem was uncemented and didn't get proper bone in-growth, it should be easy to remove. The bone is already mostly prepared to accept a new cemented stem (you should ask to make sure that's what your revision surgeon plans to use, but I can't think that he wouldn't), so that makes the revision surgery somewhat easier and can lessen recovery pain. With a cemented stem, you should be weight bearing immediately.

These things happen, many times for no reason that you can identify. So try not to worry about it and focus on this new surgeon and his solution for your problem. I took a look at him, and he looks like an excellent choice for a revision specialist. I'd appreciate knowing how you feel once you meet with him.
 
Oh dear Sarah, how sorry I am to hear this. I had hoped.... But you will face this with courage and hope and faith, and your husband will be right beside you as he has been. I will keep you both in my prayers as you make this journey. And I might mention your surgeon as well, because a little help from the Great Physician never hurts.

Take care, sweetie. I'll check back in in a few days.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR
Oh my dear sweet Sarah. I have just read this and have no words ... but please stop trying to catch up to me as more operations do not make the journey any easier! :console2:

My beautiful friend, I will still be here for you with a hand held out and shoulder to cry on ... on and off the forum.

My heart goes out to you. Have courage and faith and ...

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Izzy xx
 
Thank you so much @Jamie I am relieved to know the revision specialist looks like an excellent choice, and that you think the stem will remove easily.

I am very concerned about entering through the same muscles a third time. Can’t imagine that is a good thing. I have been reading about cemented, it really gives me pause as this has not been fixed properly yet and the permanent nature of cement seems a bit frightening. I wonder if my crazy long legs played a part. Guess I will never know. Sleep eludes me tonight. Trying to quiet my mind. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise.
 
Hello @Bfam85 Appreciate your idea of reframing this in the scope of a solution is finally available. I don’t think there are any screws. Don’t see any on X-ray. Very tilted now, I understand the cup is ok, but guess I will learn more on Monday. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and offering compassion.

Thank you @ceezee You most certainly can identity to the road less traveled on this recovery journey. Your husband sounds amazing. I am going to allow myself to dream about a time when the two of us get away and can walk hand in hand somewhere. Your trip was inspiring. I do wish this solution had come sooner, but I’m bucking up and facing my current reality.

Thank you so much @HipLucy Very thoughtful to share in this journey and offer your friendship. Really means a lot to me.

Thank you so much @Elf1 @CricketHip @Mojo333 You three have been along for this fun ride so long already. Lol. Oh my stars is right. Still shocked, but moving towards lists of preparations this morning as sleeping wasn’t happening. I’m sure a nap is in my very immediate future.

Thank you @SarahBee my hipster bud. Very much appreciate your prayers for my hubby and surgeon. My sweet hubby got a bit looped last night and we managed a good laugh before falling asleep. He needs prayers more than I do at this point, he has been a champ. We are blessed with our hubs. Hope you have a lovely Christmas sweet friend.

Hi @Izabel Yes, it seems grocery store accidents are particularly challenging to sort out. :nah:Makes one think before entering one. I do wonder if I had been advised to replace my hip at the start if this would have been over by now. Thankfully we can rebuild together. So appreciate your friendship. ❤
 
I am very concerned about entering through the same muscles a third time.

Hi Sweet Thing, it is me again. xx

My three ops were all through the same place and my scar is only about 8 inches long but is indented slightly this time with 32 staples. My last two ops were 5 months apart. I have had no pain nor issues with the incision so fear not.

Hugs Arty.jpeg Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
Oh Izzy can’t bear to look at image now. Yikes bless you. Mine is 14” long, but went through same spot. Bless you. @Izabel.

I am actually concerned about loosing muscle mass more than appearance at this point. Was just getting back muscle tone and use back there. What’s a girl to do! Life I guess.
 
Last edited:
Just catching up with your thread and was shocked when I saw the post about the revision. Poor you that really sucks. I bet your original OS is not so arrogant and dismissive now! Hopefully this new guy will be much much better and give you the life you deserve. At least you should be weight bearing from the start this time. Virtual hug from the UK and wishing all the best for you.
 
I do wish this solution had come sooner, but I’m bucking up and facing my current reality.
Sorry you have to extend your repair & recovery experience. Your attitude is quite good and appropriate, I think.
“Bucking up & facing the current reality” is what we all do if we are to “Make life better, not bitter,” as the playwright Lillian Hellmann said.
And just keep taking those “baby steps, walking on sunshine,” as @Izabel models.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom