Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Happy Wednesday to you too!
It sounds like you're doing well for two months post op.
Wishing you a Happy (Belated) Two Month Anniversary :happydance:
Just noticed you're not on the March Musketeer's list
I hope you have a nice holiday weekend!
@Fit4Family
 
Hi @Fit4Family :wave:
Hope all is going well at just over two month mark.
I know I remember being super psyched that things were improving but time did seem to drag by a bit.
Lots of healing still happening, but by month four - I felt things were really going to be OKAY!:egypdance:
Hope you have a great weekend.
It's going to be in the 100s here so getting wet will be a must for the weekend!:swim:
 
Hi @Mojo333 Thank you so much for your note. You must have read my mind. I am doing ok, but not nearly as well as most here who were weeks after my surgery. Still need the cane and I’m trying to just keep moving every day, with walks and normal home chores. Trying to stay positive, but will appreciate an X-ray soon to see if holes have filled in. ❤️

100! That’s hot. We’re in High 80’s here. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Have you seen the newlyweds yet? :SUNsmile:
 
Please don't compare (easier said than done, I know) as many did not have prior surgery as you did and also some may be pushing themselves along which can cause issues to arise.
I think you are being very sensible and your patience will pay off!:tada:
Still Early Out.

Son and daughter-in-law put honeymoon off until summer's end due to work/school commitments so have been able to see them some.:)
Still waiting on wedding pics to return..
Was so good to attend feeling good.

Keep the faith!:ok:
 
Hey, grocery store buddy, you are way ahead of me and I am a week before you ... plus your 12 weeks is not up yet as my 12 weeks is not until 4 June. This is the date I have given myself to be up and away with one crutch. I know you have a family-oriented life to keep up with, but please think of yourself in the long term picture and let yourself heal gently. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR
 
Hey there @Izabel Very good reminder. Yes, 12 weeks is on June 12th for me. Thank you for taking the time to encourage me. Hope you are well. I go in on the 4th, so I will say a prayer that you are ready to move forward then. I’m grateful for your friendship here. ❤️
 
@Fit4Family
Hippie Sis....hope you are doing ok today.... sorry you feel behind where you feel you should be... My first THR recovery was very slow & steady... I felt like the little train chugging slowly up the hill whilst everyone else was breezing up on a steam train.
However, my hip has been fab for 6 years since then... so it was worth taking my time with it.

Even on this recovery albeit has been quicker ... there are days when it’s frustrating & I want to be ‘out there’. You are doing exactly what that hip needs... listening to what it needs! They are definitely bosses in this recovery.

Hope you have a good weekend.. and you get some sunshine & know we are thinking of you hun...
love Chrissie cx[emoji3590]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Hoppy Nanny Hello Chrissie! Thank you for reaching out. I know I need to remember the long term gain. Really appreciate your perspective, as you have long term results from first hip! We have a long weekend here. Going to brave a short road trip tomorrow with my crew to the shore. Have decided it’s worth popping some Tylenol to get out and feel kinda normal.

Hope you have a lovely weekend hippy sis! :cheers:
 
Heading out to the water will be a great outing for you! It should be a big lift for your spirits for sure. I hope you get wonderful warm weather:)
 
I think that because this surgery is now performed a lot it's everyday surgery but all those well meaning people forget we've just had major surgery, and they just expect us to bounce back, I'm gonna take my time & get well properly with both hips. Wishing you a speedy recovery ☺☺☺
 
Thank you @Carriemay60 It promises to be a warm sunny day here. Packing up the car and feel a lift already just knowing I’m getting away with my crew. ❤️

Very good plan @Wobbly49 Best wishes to you too in your recovery! Thank you for your encouragement! :flwrysmile:
 
Hello All,

Took my longest day trip car ride on Sunday 2.5 hours each way. Did pretty well going there but multiple trips in and out of car and drive back left me very sore and swollen. Spent Monday resting with elevating / ice. Today I thought I was better, but after getting son out the door for school and shower, hip and knee both hurt. Not sure if I should keep icing or move more. Is this normal ? Left knee and ankle is still swollen after elevating all day. I go in a week from today for X-ray. Can’t figure out why hip hurts. Have not had much hip pain in weeks. Maybe the angle of car seat? Clearly not going anywhere far for awhile. On positive side, road trip was fun and kids really enjoyed getting out. Guess I’ve learned my maximum for a car trip.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. :SUNsmile:
 
Can’t figure out why hip hurts. Have not had much hip pain in weeks. Maybe the angle of car seat?

Cars are weird -- I've found some very comfortable to ride in and some that are agony on my hip. Maybe a memory foam cushion or something could help? Glad you are able to get out and about!
 
Cars seats are neither comfortable nor easy to get in & out...it’s difficult isn’t it to know whether your hip/knee needs more rest or more exercise... perhaps a bit of both ?@Fit4Family

Hope it sorts itself out soon but glad you had an excitable road trip... Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Fit4Family when you say your "hip" is hurting, do you mean in the joint area, or do you mean the soft tissue we sit on?
 
Car seats and 2 hour drives are the worst for me too and I'm at 12 weeks now @Fit4Family. I was almost at the screaming stage by the time we got home. I don't even think a cushion of any kind would have helped me. You did the best thing yesterday...........just rest, elevate and ice. Hate to say it but it took me almost the whole week to recuperate! Glad your OS appt is coming up soon, be sure to make a list of any questions in case he's like my doctor that's in and out in about 5 minutes! Wishing you a restful afternoon :flwrysmile:
 
@Fit4Family when you say your "hip" is hurting, do you mean in the joint area, or do you mean the soft tissue we sit on?
Hi @SarahBee It is my joint area, radiating to outside near incision. My knee hurts with every step. Suspect that it is due to inflammation from swelling. I just had to take daughter to Target, getting in an out of car hurt. Walking hurts unless I squeeze glutes. Very weird. Think I’m going to have to baby my hip this week. Thank goodness most of my obligations are done for couple days.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom