Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Great suggestions @Izabel I appreciate your sweet message and also the thoughts on a stool. I am going to have to get one. I love salads and the chopping wears my legs out some days. Walking is oddly easier.

Love that image @Mojo333 My reality is not at all what I expected. ❤️

Thank you @SurreyGirl appreciate your message. Great suggestion on Vit. D. Should up mine. Rain has been endless.

Hi @Layla Thank you for checking in. We make soy candles with containers from previous candles. My daughter really likes working with herbs for our scents. We both like eucalyptus and will probably make rosemary too. It’s a fun project for rainy days. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Happy weekend Hipsters!! :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Monday all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We were extra lazy with tons of rain.

Thought I’d share some success I’ve had with SWIX one piece Nordic Walking Ski Poles. Have been using them several days at home instead of my cane. Took a bit to get used to. My hand is starting to feel a little better, which I’m hoping will continue.

Hope everyone has a great week. :SUNsmile:
 
Last edited:
All such a dance, this recovery business.
Two steps forward...well, you know!
I'm glad you feel better using the poles.

Wishing you a Good Day!:flwrysmile:
 
Do you think any of us have a decent body between us??? [emoji23][emoji23]
I find the cane/crutch so useful when I’m tired...I’m still using it for outside the house...

Have a good day.. Chrissie xxx




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
LOL. Probably not @Hoppy Nanny Good for you Chrissie that you’re out and about! Hope you have a wonderful day hipster sister!

Sarah ❤️
 
Good Morning, @Fit4Family
Nice to read the Nordic poles are working out for you and bringing some welcome relief to your sore hand.
I hope you have a great week as you move forward on your healing journey. :walking:
Happy Tuesday! :wave:
 
Happy to hear you can use the poles a bit to spare your hand. Even alternating with the cane should make a bit of difference. I have been tempted to try my poles.
 
Alternating is a great idea @Carriemay60 The biggest improvement I’m finding is that I’m standing taller. I’ve gotten very bent over from all the walker time. Have to remind myself to keep chin up with cane but poles make me stand tall, have you used them before? I used to cross country ski years ago when we lived in Colorado. It’s great exercise.

Happy Tuesday :walking:
 
Gotcha...great title.
Will get mods to change it for you.
Make it count, that's right.
We've been given a new lease on life...let us never forget how this surgery has given us new options, new beginnings, and new chances to make our lives count!
 
It feels the same for me...even at 2 years out.
Makes it worth all the struggles, right?
There are folks who struggle with issues that have no solution, as of yet...and I am still in awe and have great appreciation for the medical technology that has given me My life back!
Lots of improvement yet to come!:tada:
 
The new thread title threw me for a minute - thought I had landed in Oz. I have tried the poles very briefly. Great walk with the cane today. Might try to just a bit of distance to that for a couple of days and then try the poles for comparison. I often find myself overwhelmed with gratitude and get very teary. It is everything I've dreamed of so far and I know there is much more to come!!
:loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom