THR Home!

Wow - that is might early for a return to work. Please take it very easy! If you have not even had your post op follow up I really would not recommend going back to work!
 
Hi @Hipgirl18
Want to wish you the best on your return to work. It seems rather early, hopefully you have the energy.
Wondering if you read the "Phased Return To Work" as a guideline.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/phased-return-to-work.5696/

I believe another member @pkuznets Patrikya is also a college professor.
She wrote about her return to work under Post # 91 in her thread
Patrikya' THR recovery journey...check it out.

Wishing you well as you jump back in!
 
Hi @Hipgirl18
Want to wish you the best on your return to work. It seems rather early, hopefully you have the energy.
Wondering if you read the "Phased Return To Work" as a guideline.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/phased-return-to-work.5696/

I believe another member @pkuznets Patrikya is also a college professor.
She wrote about her return to work under Post # 91 in her thread
Patrikya' THR recovery journey...check it out.

Wishing you well as you jump back in!

Two days back to work and feeling great! Using the cane. I built lots of sitting into my classes this week—exams and a guest speaker! PT this afternoon. Says I’m doing great. Icing at night. Happy to be busy. Can you tell I’m a type A? I’ll see what the surgeon says tomorrow morning.
 
Wow. I can’t imagine going back to work already. I won’t even be released to drive until mid April. Happy to hear all is going well!
 
Wow. I can’t imagine going back to work already. I won’t even be released to drive until mid April. Happy to hear all is going well!

2 week post op—went well. Got the big dressing off. Amazing how glue holds the incision together. Wow. Cleared to drive. Back in 4 weeks for an X-ray to check everything. PT torture tomorrow. Surgeon said to “cheat” it down at PT. I’m thinking—really? I’m paying for that? I can do small exercises at home and save money and time. Think I’ll request an end to it. It hurts after, and I love the advice here re: hips and healing. Surgeon wants me using the cane for 2 more weeks. I’m good with that. Onward!
 
:wave:
You mean this great advice....right?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

A great rest of the week to you :flwrysmile:
@Hipgirl18
 
:wave:
You mean this great advice....right?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

A great rest of the week to you :flwrysmile:
@Hipgirl18

Absolutely!! Had a chat with PT today. I’m not going back for 8 days. Going to relax and ice all weekend!
 
:wave:
You mean this great advice....right?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

A great rest of the week to you :flwrysmile:
@Hipgirl18
Wow. I can’t imagine going back to work already. I won’t even be released to drive until mid April. Happy to hear all is going well!

Didn’t have a choice—but can modify classes so I can sit, etc. no classes on Fridays. So I am working short hours and coming home.
 
Almost Friday. Make sure you take all easy this weekend...you sound like you are doing splendidly!
:yay:
 
Hi @Hipgirl18
How are you holding up since returning to work?
Hope all is well and you're getting in enough R&R to balance it all out.
A great weekend to you!
 
I’m doing ok! It gets sore and stiff if I sit too long. But I’m not ready for more than an hour or so walking around. PT continues. They say I’m fine. I’ll be 5 weeks Tuesday!!! Thanks for asking
 
I have the same with sitting too long. Just our body reminding us to get up! :) Can’t believe we’re heading to 5 weeks already.
 
Happy Five Week Anniversary! (a day early)
Sounds like you're doing really well.
Wishing you a great week as you continue healing!
@Hipgirl18
 
Happy Five Week Anniversary! (a day early)
Sounds like you're doing really well.
Wishing you a great week as you continue healing!
@Hipgirl18

Thank you!! I didn’t check in last week and now it’s 6 weeks!!! Can’t believe. X-rays and os appt tomorrow!
 
How exciting!
Best of luck tomorrow...let us know how it goes.
A great night to you!
@Hipgirl18
 
Inquiring minds do want to know.
Hope all went well at appointment.:) :-) (:
 
Sorry—forgot to post! 6 week post op went well X-rays looked good. Some bone growth beginning around implant! Groin pain still lingering at 9 weeks—but getting better. Hope my March Musketeers are well!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom