THR Home!

@Hipgirl18 - doing amazingly well. Did all my walking with cane today. One crutch for up and down stairs. The only thing different I’m doing this time vs. the first is icing and elevating the leg. One wouldn’t think that would do so much, but it really does.

My sleep habits are odd. I’ll be ok watching something on Netflix and then bam! I get hit with a wave of exhaustion and can’t keep my eyes open. So, I don’t fight it and just sleep.
 
@Hipgirl18 - doing amazingly well. Did all my walking with cane today. One crutch for up and down stairs. The only thing different I’m doing this time vs. the first is icing and elevating the leg. One wouldn’t think that would do so much, but it really does.

My sleep habits are odd. I’ll be ok watching something on Netflix and then bam! I get hit with a wave of exhaustion and can’t keep my eyes open. So, I don’t fight it and just sleep.

Haha!!! I keep nodding off, too! Pain meds gone now—I can walk without any device, but keep the walker handy. I do have muscle soreness—but mostly bruising type stuff. That Hana operating table causes some issues with deep tissues. Getting better each day. So glad you’re doing well, too!
 
@Hipgirl18
Sounds like you are coming right along!
You seem to be managing well and such a relief to be on the mend.
It must have been so difficult for your husband. Has he progressed well since the revision? I’ll bet he knows just what to do to help you!
Best wishes for each day being better than the last!
 
The only nagging pain is groin-thigh. Hope it goes away soon!
 
May be a bit for those symptoms to subside. Beats that bad hip pain I say:yes:
Ice all you can and take it slow.
Nice to know you are doing so well :yes!:
 
No Hana table for me. Posterior approach. I’m not ready for no walking aids yet but I do scoot around the kitchen holding onto the countertop. The operated leg is stronger than I thought it would be. Glad to hear you’re doing well!
 
I scooted with countertops too:heehee:
 
Congrats on your new hip! Those first few weeks involve ICE and more ICE in conjunction with meds and plenty of rest. Don’t try to expect much from your body—it’s busy recovering from trauma and creating new tissue! I also had the anterior approach and found myself feeling farther along in the healing process than I really was. Funny how the absence of arthritis pain feels like a giant green light to just get on with life! Go slow—and resist the urge to PT your way to wellness. And when in doubt:ICE
Best,
Patrikya
 
Sleeping all the time!!!! I’m not overdoing at all. Just don’t know if this thigh pain (worse by the day) is normal.
 
I’ve noticed more pain in my hamstrings (back of thigh) and the bruising also spread towards that area. You elevating and icing? Staying on time with meds?
 
I noticed increased thigh pain as more bruising came to the surface. Also, as walking increased I think it got muscles working that hadn’t been functioning right for a long time. Certainly if it increases, check with doc. Does icing help?
 
Hana table looks scary :yikes:
Sleep is good :yawn: :sleep:
Icing is good :ice:
Do lots of both and you'll be good!
Hope your week is peaceful.
@Hipgirl18
 
So sorry to hear the thigh pain is making your days tough. Are you off all pain meds?
Can't give you any other advice than the tried and true
elevate, ice, use a device, pain meds are nice....
Well you know what I mean...
 
I’ve noticed more pain in my hamstrings (back of thigh) and the bruising also spread towards that area. You elevating and icing? Staying on time with meds?
@Hipgirl18 - how are you today?

Noticing all the black, blue and yellow colors on leg!! I think I’m impatient. Haha. I have PT at 3 this aft. I’ll see what she says!
 
I’ve noticed more pain in my hamstrings (back of thigh) and the bruising also spread towards that area. You elevating and icing? Staying on time with meds?
@Hipgirl18 - how are you today?
So sorry to hear the thigh pain is making your days tough. Are you off all pain meds?
Can't give you any other advice than the tried and true
elevate, ice, use a device, pain meds are nice....
Well you know what I mean...

1/4 oxy before bed. Otherwise icing and Naproxen handles it fine.
 
Well....day 12! Just using the cane now. Occasionally I get tired and grab the walker. I’m going back to work 1/2 days tomorrow. I’m a college professor, with a great team of supportive colleagues, so they’ll help me a bit! Basically going in to teach my classes and coming home to ice/recliner lol! Wish me luck! Post op is Wednesday. Can’t wait to get the bandage off.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom