THR Home. (Ouchie)

Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you’ve had a good week since we last heard from you.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend as you continue to heal. :wave:
@lizard615
Actually ventured out to the grocery store today for the first time since March! I was very careful had my cane. Very sore still because of all the activity that my legs are not used to! Icing icing icing! Thank you for checking up on me! I’ll keep everyone posted!
 
Congratulations on your first outing tiring though it was. Ice and elevate and have a peaceful day.
 
5 weeks!!! I can’t believe it’s been five weeks! I now use the walker minimally, usually at night when I’m tired and hurting some. But only to get to the bed because I still use it near the bed. I use my walker most of the time but sometimes I forget where my walker is and I’m walking by myself. Still icing! Seems like it gets better day by day!
 
@lizard615 Great report! Yes, you will continue to improve. Still early days for you - but look how far you have come! Well done!
 
Six weeks tomorrow! Sometimes when I’m walking I feel like I’m taking a step backwards because I can hardly put pressure on my hip. And then I adjust myself and I can walk fine. I guess it’s all about how I am walking? I’m on the cane most of the time, have my walker by my bed at night, and then without anything during part of the day also.I know I’m still early, and no two hips are alike! But wow! Any suggestions would be helpful… :shrug: :scratch:
 
Sounds like you're working very hard. A few simple things that I haven't seen that I do. I'm one day behind you. While you're sitting, are your feet up all the time? Do you sleep with a pillow between your legs if you are on your side? Of course you are Icing. What stretching are you doing? Standing knee lifts 3x10 a couple of times a day? Straight leg lifts at 1, 2, 3, and 4 o'clock positions a couple of times a day. Enhancing range of motion is the aim. At this point distance is not as important as walking correctly. Stride length, slow deliberate steps. I'm walking less than a half mile a day total. I'm spinning on a stationary bike with no resistance at 70-80 rpms for 10 minutes once or twice a day. None of this work save the walking involves any weight/resistance. Everything involves range of motion and improving range of motion. I have noted muscle weakness but merely note it for strength work at some point in the future. Think of this as a training pyramid and you should be at the base, establishing flexibility and correct technique. Speed and distance are not important, correct steps and stride length are. A few perfect steps are what you are looking for. Quality not quantity. Everything that you do is with the goal of taking perfect steps. On the next level you will take your correct technique and build distance then add weight while you walk. Add some specific training to improve the weakness you may have noted in the earlier work. The more time you spend on these first levels of the base the better your chances of continuing to improve. We are healing and healing takes as long as it takes. If I try to skip a step or move too fast I could be doing remedial work instead of progressing.
 
Sounds like you're working very hard. A few simple things that I haven't seen that I do. I'm one day behind you. While you're sitting, are your feet up all the time? Do you sleep with a pillow between your legs if you are on your side? Of course you are Icing. What stretching are you doing? Standing knee lifts 3x10 a couple of times a day? Straight leg lifts at 1, 2, 3, and 4 o'clock positions a couple of times a day. Enhancing range of motion is the aim. At this point distance is not as important as walking correctly. Stride length, slow deliberate steps. I'm walking less than a half mile a day total. I'm spinning on a stationary bike with no resistance at 70-80 rpms for 10 minutes once or twice a day. None of this work save the walking involves any weight/resistance. Everything involves range of motion and improving range of motion. I have noted muscle weakness but merely note it for strength work at some point in the future. Think of this as a training pyramid and you should be at the base, establishing flexibility and correct technique. Speed and distance are not important, correct steps and stride length are. A few perfect steps are what you are looking for. Quality not quantity. Everything that you do is with the goal of taking perfect steps. On the next level you will take your correct technique and build distance then add weight while you walk. Add some specific training to improve the weakness you may have noted in the earlier work. The more time you spend on these first levels of the base the better your chances of continuing to improve. We are healing and healing takes as long as it takes. If I try to skip a step or move too fast I could be doing remedial work instead of progressing.
Wow! Great advice... thank you so much! I do Raise my legs when I’m sitting, and use a pillow when sleeping. Thank you so much again!
 
6 weeks yesterday.... I’m thinking I’m doing way too much that I’m supposed to. All of a sudden I’m getting occasional sharp pains in my butt area. Don’t last but a second but that’s something new. I’ve been icing that area anyway because I’ve been having some discomfort but nothing like the sharp pains. I took it really easy today!The doctor show is right there are no two hips alike. But then I really didn’t think I pushed my first hip like I push this hip.
 
Doing way too much. Been cooking cleaning doing laundry changing linens and dragging our Christmas decorations. I need to take it easy and ice and elevate. Thank you for that I reread it.
 
No problem, I tried to do too much to early and paid the price as well. After you suffer such pain for so long before replacement when it stops hurting so bad you get over confident and do too much too soon. It gets just about everybody at some point or another.
 
7 week update. Actually went out this weekend two times my Much missed friends. I am in pain. Broke down and took a pain pill this morning. I don’t get it. Pain only when walking. And the pain will let up some once I’m walking. But that first getting up and going is awful. Frustrating. :boohoo::cry:
 
:hi:
It sounds like you had too much fun two weekends ago. I hope you’ve recovered from the ODIC on this your two month anniversary. Happy Anniversary!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year!
@lizard615
 
I started PT this past week (I'm 8 weeks tomorrow) , and when I do my stretching, the pain is not as bad when I first stand. I'm wondering if you are having the same issues I am, and that is the muscles are just so tight. I feel much better 6 days of exercises/stretching. I even put my tennis shoe on today and tied it! Hope you feel better!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary and Happy New Year too!
I hope you enjoyed the holidays. We haven’t heard from you in awhile. Hopefully you’re feeling stronger week by week and enjoying steady progress. Please leave an update as time allows. We’d love to hear from you! :)
@lizard615
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom