THR Home. (Ouchie)

@Lizard, well done!!! I have a step-over tub as well, and the PT showed me how to climb in kind of backwards. I had the little shower seat, but it was so much better standing up! Good luck with your bed. I found having no fewer than 4 pillows helped. Also, nice clean sheets.
 
Congratulations on your shower. It is a huge accomplishment. I hope you celebrated. Icing is wonderful and helpful. I was glad that you are icing a lot. I iced anytime I was sitting, reclining or laying down. Even took ice packs to bed with me and extras in a small cooler (bedroom is upstairs) so I could switch out in the middle of the night.
 
Big day today! Two weeks ago I had my hip replacement… And today with the help of my physical therapist… I walked with a cane! I’ve been on a walker since August! Needless to say I was very apprehensive but I did very well! Also slept all night in my bed...❤️ have not done that since August... things are getting better each day. Tomorrow I go to the doc for a follow up...:tada::loveshwr:
 
Hip Hip Hooray! :happydance: You’re doing great.:yay:
Best wishes at your follow up appointment tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.
You’re on your way!
@lizard615
 
Celebration time for new accomplishments:cheers2::cheers: :flwrysmile:. Have a great visit tomorrow. Take ice with you for the ride - always useful on new adventures.
 
Hooray! I remember how scared I was to loosen the death grip on the walker and switch to the cane but it turned out to be the right move. I kept the walker around for those middle of the night visits to the bathroom but during the day, the cane was fine. Hope all goes well at the doctor!
 
Good Report at the doctor! X-rays look good they took the bandage off, incision looks good except for all the gross glue on it…:nah:He released me to work four hours a day from home starting next week. I guess that’s good!:what: I go back to the doctor on December 9 for my final check up. I’m noticing I can take a few steps on my own with no cane or walker. I’m not going crazy though. I did Bissell spin mop my floor… Just a small area… Because it was driving me crazy. Another good sign that I am feeling better! I’ll post again soon!
 
Celebration time for new accomplishments:cheers2::cheers: :flwrysmile:. Have a great visit tomorrow. Take ice with you for the ride - always useful on new adventures.
It’s amazing how the little things are such big accomplishments! I’m so happy right now my psyche is so good! :flwrysmile:
 
Hooray! I remember how scared I was to loosen the death grip on the walker and switch to the cane but it turned out to be the right move. I kept the walker around for those middle of the night visits to the bathroom but during the day, the cane was fine. Hope all goes well at the doctor!
Hey! Thank you for all the positivity you are sending my way! So tell me… Are you off the cane now? And walking on your own? I need to go ahead and find your blog! Thanks again!!
 
Thanks, you're really sweet. I am pretty much off the cane when walking around the house, except when I am tired or hurting, I do use it when I am out of the house as I am still kings of uneasy with ground that is not perfectly level. Also, I can’t really see my feet when I am wearing a mask and I’m afraid of tripping! I realized when I was halfway across the room without the cane that I probably didn’t need it anymore. I think you will know when you are ready.
 
Day 18... each day brings new accomplishments! No more oxy for me. And very little pain. Still listening to my body and taking it easy.... walking and doing my exercises. Still on the walker, cane a little! ❤️
 
:wave: Great to hear you are doing so well.
Lots of improvements yet to come.:yes:

Happy Sunday:SUNsmile:
 
Well lots going on postop 3 1/2 weeks. Will be four weeks on Tuesday! Physical therapy has released me as of yesterday and no more home health care. I have graduated to a cane most of the time, but I still have my walker close by. I have also been released to drive… Which I will do tomorrow, Only for short distances! So that’s me! Working from home, get very tired after activities! Still icing, and elevating!:egypdance::loveshwr:
 
get very tired after activities!
It's energy drain and my experience is it kicked in at about 1 month out. Rest when you can and please don't over do. Still early days for you.
 
get very tired after activities!
It's energy drain and my experience is it kicked in at about 1 month out. Rest when you can and please don't over do. Still early days for you.
Thank you, I won’t...... I’m resting and icing a lot still. Also noticed my opposite leg is sore, guess from The extra work it has been doing.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you’ve had a good week since we last heard from you.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend as you continue to heal. :wave:
@lizard615
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom