Guest viewing is limited

THR Home from the hospital and looking forward to going back to yoga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BarbaraR good job and the yoga pose is very encouraging. While I don't do yoga (yet) I did have bilateral anterior THRs on 1/21 so once I am fully healed I just might get into it. My girlfriend keeps wanting me to try it, but prior to surgery it was just too painful!
Now I believe I just might give it a try!
 
So glad all is going well for you @BarbaraR, you have such a great view on recovery. You helped me so much during my first few months and 12 months down the line, it's incredible what we've all come through. I am almost at my 1 year milestone for my first hip, we've been through so much and you are a true inspiration, thank you so much!! xx :)
 
Hey there @BarbaraR - great to hear from you... Wow where has that year gone. So pleased you have 'forgotten hip' - great isn't it.. xx
 
Jolly good, I will look forward to another years milestone @BarbaraR xx
 
@BarbaraR Hi. I just happened upon your recovery story and wanted to ask you about yoga. I saw your picture and wondered if you were able to do that pose ever before your surgery? I have had such limited ROM for about 12 years now In my left hip and got to where I couldn't sit Indian style or even cross my legs. I had my surgery on March 20, so I am only 3 1/2 weeks post op. But, I am hoping to gain ROM and someday be able to cross my legs again and get into some of the yoga poses that I couldn't do before surgery. So, I just wondered how flexible you were before surgery and how hard it was to gain the flexibility to do that lotus pose after surgery. (I'm sure I'll never do the lotus pose. I couldn't even do that when I was a kid, but I'd love to be able to sit Indian style.)
 
@Dmcfad2, Hi! So nice to meet you--welcome to the club! I was pretty flexible my whole life, but as you know, yoga isn't just about flexibility. Actually, my first sign that something was seriously wrong with my right hip was an extreme loss of flexibility on my right side. The improvement in ROM has been nothing short of miraculous (although my right hip still isn't as open as my left, and probably never will be). I was actually surprised when I discovered that I could sit in lotus, and I actually don't do it very often because it's really hard on my knees. But yes, with time and maybe a little physical therapy, I think you'll find that you'll regain quite a bit of flexibility. I wish you all the best in your recovery. XO
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom