THR Home and Feeling Great!

Hope your weekend is wonderful @luvsibes :SUNsmile:
You are getting there...almost two months out!:happyfeet:
 
They're hoping to send him home on Monday @luvsibes. He was worried he wouldn't be able to have a bath, so I set him straight and told him he can join the club and use my spare long handled sponge! As you say, we can have a couple of weeks recuperating together. Not ideal, but it could have been worse.
 
Sleeping on my left surgical side now! Already, my right shoulder is experiencing much less pain. Even the scar area seems to feel better although the initial laying on it was a bit sore. Overall, I'm feeling good about the new hip. I'm even looking at attending a yoga festival in Oct. but will likely be on the chair and still not able to get on the floor easily. It's good to raise awareness of accessible adaptive yoga anyway! Life seems to be returning after a lost summer! Thanks all for the info, encouragement, and support!
 
:goodpost: @luvsibes
What a refreshing post to start out the day with.
THR is life changing.
A wonderful week to you!
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Missed it yesterday.
Hope you're having a good week!
@luvsibes
 
Thanks Layla - It's been a journey of patience and challenges but I'm so glad I have my new bionic hip!

I had to miss my first pool session on Monday as my stomach decided to catch a bug. I NEVER get sick, especially stomach flu but I lost about 4 days and had to delay the pool. I get to start today! Our new AC system went out in the midst of the flu thing (which hubby seems to have now). It's fixed now so let's hope Togo isn't next with the tummy yuk! LOL! I didn't post as I went into a funk (really now - a short term non-life threatening illness and another heat wave w/o AC and I was unglued! Hubs calls it my "morose mom" state!). I was embarrassed to post such silly angst but I was so disappointed. All's well now!

I can't get over the improvement in balance, gait, pain, flexibility and confidence in walking over the 4 years I spent in pain and limping! I have de-mystified the surgical experience I was so terrified of. I hope I don't need more down the road but I won't wait so long next time!

I'm sending best wishes and loving healing energy to all who are on this journey with me. I know we are all unique and heal differently. Honor your body and be gentle with your self!
Thanks again to BoneSmart friends and Advisors for all the coaching and support.:loveshwr:
 
Thank you, @luvsibes for giving me such encouragement regarding your improvement. Other than catching a bug :sick:, you sound like you are doing awesome!
 
Good to see you @luvsibes and hear such positive reports, other than stomach flu (are you sure it wasn't food poisoning?) congratulations on the improving gait and balance and everything else. I am so looking forward to getting Evil Twin hip done and being able to be mobile again. Enjoy your dog walks!!
 
Hi 1stSurgery - It's good to hear from you! Thanks for the kudos

I haven't been on the forums as much the past couple of weeks but I find I'm not able to access your threads although I was following you. I do hope you are doing well. Your hippy day #2 is approaching soon. I hope it's a bit less stressful now that the 1st one has been done so the process has been de-mystified. I know this was my 1st surgery ever and I put it off over 3 years as I was so afraid of being cut on! Now, I'm so glad I did it! I hope #2 goes well for you!

No, it wasn't food poisoning per the doctor...just an annoying tummy bug. Such a little temporary non-life threatening set-back but I was so frustrated at the timing since I rarely get ill!

It will be at least another month before I walk Togo. He's a pretty civilized boy on his walks but strong. I would stay within our block to start...no walks to the park where "squirrel" lunges rule! He's a nut when there's a squirrel and can jump about 7' up the tree!

Take care and I'm following you although I can't seem to access your thread anymore. I get "oops" and a note it's limited. I'm sending some hugs and good energy your way!
 
Thanks EAW - Thanks for the kudos. It's nice to meet another fellow Cali hippy! I'm glad I can be encouraging. I was doing warm water pool work for 3 years prior to surgery per one of ourBoneSmart library resources, Dr. Klapper Heal Your Hips. Dr. K. was also my OS. The pool work kept me going as I was fearful. I believe that and adapting my yoga practice prepared me for a good recovery. I'll follow your thread and get acquainted!
 
I got into the warm salt water pool yesterday guided by my PT. The pool work I did prior was not PT guided but was a warm pool with young lifeguards calling out the moves. I had Dr. Klapper's pool exercise handout and my yoga background and was very mindful of my moves. It was great to get a PT's direction but she was surprised at how much I knew and how excited I was to get into the pool to stretch and exercise! Yea! I celebrated myself with hubs at a nice dinner last night! I feel like I'm getting back to me! (I'm a bit sore today but it's a good muscle sore and not impairing...icing as I type!).:swim:
 
Sorry you had the tummy thing but glad that's behind you.
Yay for getting in the pool..and getting back to some life!
Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Sounds wonderful @luvsibes! ...your salt water pool time and dinner date with hubby! I'm going to my favorite park nearby today to sit with my friend by the duck pond and watch the turtles and ducks! (Can't really walk any distance yet until that other one gets done). 40 days - and I AM counting them down.

You've done great really, pacing yourself and getting better each week despite those things that interrupt like stomach flus! My friend has a husky who is the sweetest mildest most quiet doggie, but get him in sight of a squirrel and... Whoa! He goes absolutely nuts!! Lol

Don't know what's wrong with my thread other than I'm not posting there as much, but sounds like it might be a system glitch? I've been over at @An54's thread passing time gathering up all the post-op "overly cautious club" members! Those of us who avoid the ODIC. :) take good care of yourself and that month until you walk Togo will probably fly by!
 
Good Morning @Mojo333 - and @1stSurgery - It's always nice to hear from my new friends at BSmart! All's well now and I look forward to this final month of restrictions and being in the PT pool 2x/week. I had been in a warm water pool exercise class 2-3x/week the past 3 years trying to avoid surgery and really enjoyed it. It's amazing what stretching, balance, and strength moves that you can do easily in the water and gently get aligned and better for land!

@1st Surgery, your next hippie replacement is getting close and then you will be truly bionic...no stopping you in the new year!

It's funny, @1stSurgery that you say your friend's husky is quiet. Huskies are generally very talkative. Our last girlie was very talkative and our 1st husky howled and talked. Togo is a quiet almost mute husky! It's a bit strange but he's very able to make his needs and emotions known! We walk with a skijoring belt around the midriff and carabiners to hold the leashes. That gives a good center of gravity, saves our arms and the risk of shoulder injury or letting go of a dog bred to run, and allows for hands-free or traditional leash guidance. I will ask my OS at my next post-op on 9/11 if I'm ready to walk the pup. I believe we'll be fine in the 'hood but not at the park with squirrels, etc.

I have that 9/11 post-op appointment date as a turning point in my mind so I am anticipating bending over to pet Togo, getting my pants on w/o a grabber, putting my left shoe on myself, sex, and walking the dog! My goal is to sit on the floor but folks here have told me it could by 6 months before I can do that! I won't try until it's safe. I did put on my own sock and tie my left shoe yesterday independently w/o moving beyond the 90 degree mark...a milestone!

Enjoy your Sunday BSmart friends! Thanks for all the support.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing great! @luvsibes
Never worry about you one bit.
I love your posts and think you're a fine example for recovery.
Keep up the good work.
Wishing you a fantastic week!
 
Thanks for the support and kudos, dear Layla - I believe my good work is due to the pool and yoga work I did for so long to avoid surgery. I'm so grateful to have finally done it and I feel years younger!
 
Petting dog
Putting pants on w/o grabber
Putting on left shoe
Sex
Walking dog

Hahaha! @luvsibes wish list! In no particular order, I presume!! ;)
You are doing so stellar, soon you will be putting on your left shoe WHILE petting the dog. Or WHILE having sex. Lol! The warm pool therapy sounds really inviting but I don't have a pool, could use friends' pools I guess.

I'm just looking forward to walking without pain again. 39 days till spa-cation number 2 and the second remodeling job. Tic toc...
 
I am anticipating bending over to pet Togo, getting my pants on w/o a grabber, putting my left shoe on myself, sex, and walking the dog! My goal is to sit on the floor but folks here have told me it could by 6 months before I can do that! I won't try until it's safe. I did put on my own sock and tie my left shoe yesterday independently w/o moving beyond the 90 degree mark...a milestone!
Yay for small victories.
All above are attainable goals that just will take a bit more time:bored:
You could probably sit on the floor now as long as you don't plan on having to get up:heehee:
Hope you have a good day, friend.:ice:
 
Mojo333- You gave me a chuckle with the vision of getting on the floor and just having to stay there! LOL! I'm off now to the pool. Ahhhh!!!! It's great to do the exercises with a PT guiding me and in warm salt water too! I plan to exhaust all my Medicare sessions there before going back to my original pool which is warm but chlorine and no PT guidance. My pool buddies there are inquiring about me which is sweet. Some are also my chair yoga students who I hope will be with me in October. Life is returning slowly but surely! I feel very blessed!
 
Back
Top Bottom