THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcom to recovery, we don't get the burger option in the UK. Rest easy and good luck looking forward to hearing your progress.
 
I can't believe you are walking around recovery!!!!!
 
Welcome to the good side! Wow - that's some dinner! Can't say I had that luxury! Easy does it now - no jogging for you yet! :no-fin:
 
Had a few very good catnaps tonight. I think I'm just so excited that I can't sleep! Have walked two laps around the floor already. Eyeballing the little set of practice stairs each time ;-)
Wife and kids stopped by twice last night. Brought a canister of frozen yogurt. Ate some and put the rest in the freezer, am enjoying the rest right now (4:00AM)!
Leg cuffs are actually comforting in a way. Nurses tell me either patients hate them or love them.
Just took off the O2 again..... We'll see how it goes.
Edit- popped my IV line out. It had been on the back of my left hand. She placed the new one in my forearm on the left arm.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
It's a new day!
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wish my window looked outside instead of onto the internal coffee shop, at least I don't know when it's raining!

Sounds like you are making good progress I really struggled to sleep on first night.

Good luck today
 
Wish my window looked outside instead of onto the internal coffee shop, at least I don't know when it's raining!

Sounds like you are making good progress I really struggled to sleep on first night.

Good luck today
Back at ya! Getting ready for shift change here. Should get some sleep! Maybe some coffee and breakfast first!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
OT has been in already. Gave me a spare pair of non-slip socks and a downright sexy pair of stockings! Made me sit on toilet and step in and out if shower, all good!

Doctor's PA came by and gave the green light. Waiting for PT...looking forward to stairs!

.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Stairs...check! Awaiting final visit from on-call MD for final checks. Oxycodone every 4 hours, not sure of dose.

Eating plenty of apricots and chocolate covered dates :-) Miralax in cranberry juice. Yum!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow...you really got busy with it. Outta there tomorrow?
 
Well done! Don't forget the BoneSmart mantra:
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom