Guest viewing is limited

THR hipsy is on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Vetgirl
it has a proper post op dressing on it , driving me nuts , which the docs gave us last time we went , yep it is annoying , and it stings , hopefuly nxt time we take it off it will stay closed , how are you getting on now :) x
 
Sorry the dressing is annoying you, it will soon be a thing of the past :)
 
Hipsy be patient.... Something I'm not good at :hissy:

I'm going ok. Uncomfortable today and tired.....always tired!!!!!
 
hi everyone
thanks for the messages of good will , it great to have people to talk to who are going through the same thing , i moving around the house better and taking my son to school is getting easier each day , still have dressing on so really cant say anymore till we take it off again fingers crossed :angel: Vetgirl yes i understand what u mean about the tiredness im still very tired aswell , im sure it wil get better for us soon x
 
That's great that ur getting your sun to school Hipsy

I hope that wound looks fabulos when the dressing is removed
 
Vetgirl
god so do i , ok right ooks like were getting freezing temps nxt week a litte worried about this as still using 2 crutches to walk with and need to get my son to school hmm , ice and crutches oh dear :yikes: x
 
Hipsy sorry to hear your having a problem with the incision, I'm sure it will heal up soon. I'm still using two sticks and not managed to get down to one yet. How you getting on sleeping ? I'm finding sleeping on my back a real pain in the backside ( excuse the pun) :kittykiss:
 
hi Red Shoe
sleeping on our back hmm not great , i woke up this morning and was on my unoperated side oops , still waking 2-3 times a night , im so tired but what can u do , im using one stick in the house but still need 2 outside , how are you feeling in yourself ? i still have pain slightl and still cant lift m leg when ling flat on m back what about u , i am getting a bit concerned about it now as its 4 weeks and it just will not lift up , :what: x
 
Hipsy hello lass, yep I have a problem lifting leg when on my back. I saw my physiotherapist today and she said my quads were very weak but my muscle that runs down the side and connected to my knee ( can't remember darn name) was very tight. Sorry to hear your waking up a lot in the night, I tend to get up only once but it takes me ages to drop off. Do you find you get really hot and warm in the night, I'm getting the sweats such a lot. Don't be too concerned about your leg, as my physio said " it's still early days" Perhaps we've been expecting too much of ourselves and thought we would be running a marathon. We forget we've had our leg sawn and a metal spike put down the middle, no wonder we are still tired :kittykiss:
 
Red Shoe.Hipsy I also get hot at night. But sleeping is not too bad. Also cannot lift that leg yet. Been able to sleep on the unoperated side for a week now, it is so nice. PT put me on one cane today for around the house. Otherwise still the walker for outside. Nice to read how others are doing.
 
hi Red Shoe
oh thats good to know then that its nothing to worry about , its a horrible feeling thou is,nt it not being able to lift it at all, regarding the sweats yes i am , but i was wondering if that was just my age lol , your probably right about us expecting to much to soon maybe trying to run before we can walk lol , ptnanny glad your recovering well ,also i cant wait until im allowed to sleep on my side , it must be heaven , constantly sleeing on your back is the pits take care :) xx
 
Hi Hipsy,
I am having a dreadful time with sleeping on my back too! I've always slept on my bad side and it is really hard to switch, although I have been alternating with trying to sleep on the unoperated side to trick myself (not really working lol). I hope the incision is settling down for you too. My doc has left my staples in much longer than my OS had suggested (they took out half of them at day 12) and I'm going in tomorrow to see if they will take out the remainder. Let's hope we are all on the mend!
 
Sleep is coming easier a little every night. I'm a flipper, so I'll start on my back, roll over to my good side, then back to my back....eventually over to the op-side. Rinse and repeat a number of times.

Altogether I'd say I'm getting 6 hours of sleep a night.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I am so happy to have the side sleeping option. Actually slept 7 hours straight last night. Walking with one cane now. I still get tired without doing much during the day. A little better on everything each day. You guys are about a week behind me. It does keep getting better. :)
 
@Red Shoe.@Hipsy, I can't lift my leg either while on my back, my PT had me do the leg lifts while standing. I'm able to do them that way. I have tried several times to do them on my back and the only way I can do a few is with my leg bent a little. My knee is really messed up and needing a replacement as well, and I think that is why I am having a hard time. As for sleeping, I'm able to sleep on my unoperated side, but still not sleeping all night.

I tried this morning to lay on my operated side and I was able for a moment, but I have a big baseball size lump on my incision. Do either of you have a lump on your incision?
 
Yes, there are some irregularities under the incision. Thinking that's probably scar tissue. May or may not go away with some massage later.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh, my swelling is all but gone. Just the hard, purple scar staring at me in the mirror!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
My scar is looking really good. My PT wants me to start rubbing my scar side to side to break up the scar tissue. I have been doing that for a week now.

With my LTKR I had to do that also, and that scar was really stuck and it was really hard to get it to break apart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom