THR hipsy is on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi just a little update , well im having a little bit of a problem , i felt a bit wet yesterday evening so checked the area it was bleeding and it seem,s to have reopened slightly at the top of the scar , about a inch , so we cleaned it and have put a dressing on yike,s didnt expect that so first thing in the morning i will be n the phone to the doc,s , im really dissapointed as all has been going so well :sigh: will update when i know more x
 
Hipsy - please update when you can. This does happen sometimes but best to get things checked.
 
quick update ,
back at docs today as wound had reopened slightly , no infection so re dressed open area and need to just keep a eye on it for now , but looking better already :happydance:x
 
Great news Hipsy - just a little bump in the recovery road!
 
Jaycey
yep just hope there isnt anymore , getting a bit of pain just under my buttock , but to be expected i suppose :happydance:x
 
Ice, elevate and pain meds. Please keep us updated!
 
Jaycey
im not really needing any pain meds a couple of paracetamol are doing the trick :) and last night slept all night first time since coming home so v happy :happydance: x
 
Wow - a major milestone sleeping through the night. Long may it continue!
 
hi inthebeginning
how are you doing ? , yes the buttock pain ouch ! i imagine its where its bedding in also a little pain in the front of the thigh, do you have this too , still elevating at night but i dont really have any swelling now well maybe slightly lol :happydance:xx
 
Yes, it does also hurt a bit up front. Just on the groin side of the incision but not quite the groin itself. A little achy down by the knee a well. I figure the 2 mile walk yesterday may have something to do with all this! I'm taking today off from any self-PT!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Yay Hipsy to sleeping through the night! I haven't manged to sleep through the night yet, you give me hope since we are surgery day buddies.

Do you or did you have pain at night? I usually don't have any pain during the day at all, if I do, Ice usually takes care of the pain. I have pain at night that wakes me up. I make sure I take a pain pill before bed and an ice pack. It doesn't seem to help, I have to get up and walk a little bit.

The most I have slept at one time is 3 hours, I usually average 2 hours at a time.

Still hoping for a full night of Sleep!
 
Hi@ inthebeginning
The pain in the front of my thigh is half way down the femur where u would imagine the stem is I suppose , , I still can't raise my leg up thou but it is getting a little higher when I do it but hmm , just thought I would be able to lift it like a 90 degree by now but hey ho everyone is different aren't they can u raise your leg , was your op posterior or anterior ? :) x
 
Hi@sunsetbiking , how are you doing ? I thought I would never get through the night asleep so it was a shock when I woke up this morning lol , it was the first thing I said to my hubby , the smile on his face was amazing as as I didn't sleep he wasn't sleeping either lol , yes pain is worse at night so I make sure I take my meds just before bed , sleeping with a soft cushion between my legs and my feet elevated on a cushion aswell has been a great help , it will happen but it's a shock when u wake up and realise you have slept all night and I feel so much better for it :) x
 
Hi@ inthebeginning
The pain in the front of my thigh is half way down the femur where u would imagine the stem is I suppose , , I still can't raise my leg up thou but it is getting a little higher when I do it but hmm , just thought I would be able to lift it like a 90 degree by now but hey ho everyone is different aren't they can u raise your leg , was your op posterior or anterior ? :) x
Hipsy, mine was anterior. My 'pain' is more muscular in the front and down my thigh I think. The only real restrictions I have right now are no leg raises and high knee "marching" steps. Other than that, the sky is the limit for me! I can even try driving :happydance:
 
Hi Hipsy, I am doing good. One most days I have no pain, that is why it bothers me so much to have pain at night. I had the same issue last year with my knee replacement, but my knee replacement recovery was 100x's worse than the hip recovery. I'll do the hip recovery any day before I would have to do that knee recovery again.

Thank you for the tips, they are very much appreciative. It's nice to know I'm not the only one having night pain. I currently sleep with a pillow between my legs and one under my knees.

I'll can't wait for the same shock of sleeping through the night!
 
Glad to see you are going so well Hipsy.

I'm not having night pain just discomfort if I roll the wrong way so I try not to :wink:

I also take a pain med before need so that helps

Glad the wound re opening hasn't set you too far back!!!!
 
hi everyone
well here we go again , i am having a bit of another issue with the wound again we left the dressing on for 4 days removed it to see how it was going looked ok and closed so left it off overnight , next morning it was open again , i just dont know why this has happened again :hairpulling:, also when i cough i am getting pain in my leg in the front of thigh right down to the knee , its sharp and quite painful any idea,s does anyone else get this , :sos:
how is everyone else getting on ??
xx
 
How annoying Hipsy. Perhaps you could put a steri-strip or butterfly strip over it until it Heals better?

Can't help you on the pain/ coughing issue. :scratch:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom