Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Picture taken at 5.5 months post OP
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    2022.9 2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 281
Day 15 and I’ve just removed the dressing, so seeing it for the first time. Aside from the garish bruising, it’s not at all bad.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
12 days after surgery (and 4 days after the waterproof dressing came off):
9-25.jpg


17 days after surgery:
9-30.jpg


I measured: it's 3.5 inches long.
 
Last edited:
Here’s my hip incision at 3 weeks.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    EB05CD8F-520F-442C-8880-85C005E53924.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 197
Two weeks post op

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


16 months post op

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This was right after I took the bandage off at 10 days after surgery.
FD159D78-4085-42A0-8164-70A57ADABA24.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
15 days post op. Had a few days of excessive drainage, fixed by course of antibiotics. Still a bit concerned by slight redness.... silicon dressing did cause skin irritation. Using a zinc oxide ointment!
PXL_20221127_012545742.jpg
 
I’m still trying to get all the ink and glue off me as I’m not allowed anything but a “light” shower. I’ve used a hair tie for comparison. This is 4 1/2 weeks anterior approach.

06A20150-79A0-4A68-B96C-3321D8C98661.jpeg
 
I think this is a pretty neat pic. This is my scar at 12 days. No stitches. The incision is held together with zip ties! All I had to do was peel off the clear bandage after 3 weeks.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
TRHR postop day 14 just before removal of (more than 20 ) staples. All good.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    IMG-20230124-WA0000.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 147
Hip revision surgery on 2/3/2023 that involved removal of dead muscle tissue, replacement of the cobalt-chromium femoral head with a ceramic femoral head, resizing the polyethylene acetabular cup to accommodate the new head, and reconstruction of the musculature in the right hip. The cause of the problem was trunnionosis with accompanying metallosis.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Day 19 after Op. Glue still attached but starting to flack off.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    20230210_212350.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom