Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

This is 4 days after op, just getting my dressing changed. Can't wait for the staples to come out next week

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
My right hip, 6 weeks post op. Left hip to follow.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My badge plus the B for Boston Bruins that my dr draws on the operated leg. He is a real Boston fan! I went over it online as it was fading.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Anterior approach, 16 April 2015. No staples. I have had reactions to adhesives so this is the bandage I got. I have super glue and steri-strips

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
I had the bandage removed on 4/27/2015. No staples, just glue and steri-strips.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Post op day 5. I like the honeycomb dressing; you can see the incision through it, it cushions slightly, and it's completely waterproof. My nurse Jim initialled it when he put in on May 13. I'm to take it off on May 20.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Day 7. Doctor told me to remove the ubergummy bandage...omg so hard!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
19 days post-op - moments before staple removal. The Nurse thought is looked like the outer surface was pulling apart - surgeon had a quick look and didn't seem too concerned but steri-strips for 10 more days.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Still in the hospital, this was my first view of the incision two days after surgery. The bruising was quite impressive. :) The incision is held together with internal sutures and glue.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


At one week out, the incision was healing pretty nicely and the bruising was starting to fade.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


Here it is at three weeks. The incision is currently 8 - 9" long. The faint scar to the left of the current incision is the scar from an osteotomy when I was an infant. They're almost parallel.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
This is about 1 week post-op

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



This was taken today, at about 12 weeks

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom