I worked in corporate for 20 + years and had an excellent job and 900 employees. I dedicated my 40's and early 50's to this job, company was sold and even though we had great profits during my tenure my position was "eliminated." Crushing. 60 hours a week and on call many of my days off. I swore of corporate America after that and started working in my friend's little Italian restaurant 3-4 days a week. I loved it, no responsibilities other than serving my customers and cleaning up later. Great $$$ too! And way less stress.
Had to "reinvent" myself at 54 years of age. Food service has been in my blood most of my adult life so becoming a server again wasn't a big stretch. In addition to my corporate job I also had to oversee the food service end of the business and many weekends wound up in the kitchen expediting.
My DIL and I started a cleaning business as well, we ended up with some high end customers and I did this during day and server at night.
If I didn't break my hip I'd still be a server, I love it so much and miss it. Especially the $$$!!! Once Covid hit my DIL and I weren't cleaning houses anymore and I definitely don't miss that! I clean my own house and often ask my partner how did I ever clean 3 houses in one day??? Yikes!
So ladies put yourselves first during recovery! We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for and can overcome adversity in many forms.