THR Hip popping

Thanks for all the advice. Been spending a lot of time on here at night can't seem to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.

bc74 it sounds like you are doing well. I am 2 weeks post op. I set the alarm clock on my phone and take my pain meds every 6 hours as directed. Even if I'm asleep I wake up and take my meds on time and have had very little pain this way. I too am walking with cane now without a limp. Just make sure you are steady with the cane as you don't want a chance of taking a fall. I only switched over to cane from walker at about 10 days.
Best wishes on your recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Still sleeping in the recliner. When will I be able to sleep in bed and on my side. Don't know if it's in my head why I can't sleep in bed. The recliner seems to makes me feel safe

It's only 10 days since your surgery. Be patient. Nothing wrong with sleeping in the recliner if it lets you sleep. I slept in my recliner after the 2nd THR for about a week because it was easier to get up and go to the bathroom. Getting sleep is what's important.

Finally sleeping all night off pain medicine. Still have trouble sleeping in my bed my leg hurts when I lay to long so back in the recliner

Does anyone know when my Entergy will come back. I've been able to walk a mile a day trying to lift a little just no Entergy

I think you are trying to walk too far too early. The energy drain goes on for a few weeks and you gradually notice feeling less tired but I am only noticing this now at nearly 7 weeks. I really wouldn't be walking that far at your stage. My OS told me short walks to keep everything moving far better. You can build up to the longer walks but I would really rest as much as you can in between the short walks at the moment or you will get even more tired!
Take care
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Had doctor appointment today no restrictions said I could go back to work when ready. I work in a factory 12 to 16 hours a day I think it's to soon do I need to wait or go back

I'm a week behind you and was told the same thing by my surgeon at yesterday's stitch removal visit.

If you have paid "sick leave" and if your job absence is covered under FMLA, you might think about getting yourself stronger before working a factory line.

I don't have paid leave but that's what savings are for I am on fmla I get tired really fast

You are still pretty early out to return to work. And if your shifts are that long I suggest you stay off work for as long as possible. Then do a Phased return to work . The energy drain post op is often a problem. Don't fight it - just rest when you can.

Had doctor appointment today no restrictions said I could go back to work when ready. I work in a factory 12 to 16 hours a day I think it's to soon do I need to wait or go back
12 hour days will definitely be too much at first. Even if your pain is minimal, the mental and physical exhaustion will inhibit healing. I started back 3 1/2 weeks after my THR working 3-4 hours a day but I sit at a desk. I'm now 7 weeks out and just now feel like I can handle full time. Don't push yourself or you will have setbacks. It's okay to take your time. I learned this the hard way. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i normally sleep on my side I've been trying to this week and end up back in the recliner. Hope it won't be much longer.

@bc74
Those are very long shifts. I wonder would they let you back to work on half shifts for a bit. At least ask them and they'll realise you do want to go back.
If your feeling energy drain now you'll really feel it at work.
Extra week or two off will make a big difference to recovery.
Keep Well.
Joe....

I think I'm going to take the 12 weeks to give me time to heal. I'm trying to to much know I can tell the next day. I'm drained can't do much.

Try This for the crack.
Take a full day off just doing the very basics.
See how you feel the next day.
Then you will realise that its rest and doing a small amount that gets you better.
You Will get there. I promise.
Joe........

Does anyone have any advice? I try to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs. I wake up in a few hours my leg hurting just below the hip I got replaced. I try to sleep different ways same thing I end up back in the recliner.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks
Back