THR Hip popping

I'm on my feet for 12 hours. I do fine until the 4th day then it starts. Then I'm off work for 3 days.The first day off I can walk about a mile and it starts. After I rest a day I'm fine until the next week and it starts all over.

12 hrs on your feet.....that's a long time!
How many breaks, and how long is each break during that 12 hr period?
@bc74

I get 4 breaks 30 minutes each. I sit as much as I can but it's not much between breaks.

Hi @bc74

Those are extremely long shifts. On your feet, standing on concrete, for 10 hrs out of every 12 hr shift.

Looks like you've been doing this since 11-12 weeks post op.

Since it's your livelihood, I don't know what else you can do unless you have an opportunity to move around within the company, or seek employment elsewhere, which is easier said than done.

I feel for you..working those long hours. You mentioned working 4 /12's. Is there anyway you can afford to cut back, or work an extra day, creating shorter shifts? I suppose with factory work you may not have that option.
I would assume you've exhausted all options by now....

Common sense would tell me the heaviness sensation is fatigue. Which muscles hurt? Calf? Thigh? Both?

Possibly @Josephine could weigh in with some helpful advice. Please check back in case she has questions.

The thigh. That has been my only problem for several months. I'll try to take it easier at work. Thank you for the advice.

Don’t know if it would help but good shoes would be a must. I had to change out my shoes after my surgery due to wear patterns but I’m not on my feet anywhere near like you.

I back again just giving a update. My left hip replacement hasn't gave any problems. Just a few weird feelings nothing painful. I'm going back October 2 to get my right hip replaced. Cant wait to be pain free. Thanks everyone for all the advice on this site it really helped me.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom