Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip popping

Finally sleeping in my bed through the night.
Well done! Getting that much needed rest will go a long way in increasing your energy levels.
 
I have been doing good taking long walks. I had to work on my camper the other day now my scar is bleeding a little at the top is this something i need to call the doctor.:unsure:
 
bc74.
I wouldn't panic.
But I would call the Doc.
Just in case.
Joe.......
 
I would call your OS. This far out of surgery your scar should not be bleeding.
 
Thanks for the advice. It turns out my belt was rubbing the scare there. Stopped wearing a belt and looser clothes healing up now. Thanks for the advice.:loveshwr:
 
Well I have worked my first week after hip replacement. I work 12hr 4 days a week im on concentrate all day the hip did great. The only concern is the more tired i get its like i can fell the replacement is it just in my head or something i should worry about. It doesn't hurt at all its just a weird felling.
 
Well done back at work.
Its normal enough to have Strange feelings in the hip because you've probably done a few different activities this week.
The key I think is to ease up in the evenings and let that hip catch up.
12hr shift is long so be careful.
Joe.....
 
the more tired i get its like i can fell the replacement
You can't feel the implant. It's more likely that soft tissues and muscles around the joint area are complaining. Icing and elevating will help this. Hope you can rest frequently.
 
I have a question will my hip set off metal detectors and if so do I need some proof from my doctor.
 
It may or it may not. It depends on your implant and the sensitivity of the screening machine. A letter or card from your doctor won't make a difference. Those are easily forged and they still need to screen everyone.

My hip is seven years old and I haven't set off a metal detector yet. If I remember about it, I let the screener know that I have an implant.
 
Mine always set them off.
I just point to them as I'm going through.
They usually just give you a quick pat down and let you go.
You can't throw your metal objects in the bin.
Joe......
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just tell security staff that you have had a hip replacement. They my use a wand search but some scanners pick up the implant. I have only set off a scanner once and that was before getting on the Eurostar train. I have traveled both nationally and on international flights and never had a problem.
 
I had my left hip replaced in March everything is going good.But I have a numb spot on my knee after surgery. Hasn't gone away. I can deal with it. Its a lot better than the hip pain. Anyway my question is I'm getting a burning pain on the numb spot. It feels like someone its touching it with a hot piece of metal is this normal.
 
@bc74 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

I'm sure Josephine will be along soon to comment.
 
I have a question will my hip set off metal detectors and if so do I need some proof from my doctor.
You'll find some useful comments in this thread Airport security screening discussion
I have a numb spot on my knee after surgery. Hasn't gone away. I can deal with it. Its a lot better than the hip pain. Anyway my question is I'm getting a burning pain on the numb spot. It feels like someone its touching it with a hot piece of metal is this normal.
Sounds like a good case of neuropathy to me. You need top speak to your surgeon or your GP for some gabapentin. Don't ignore it - it will just get worse.
 
Thank you for the advice I will call him tomorrow. I'm know I'm suppose to keep my threads to one but I couldn't find my old one.
 
My new hip has been doing great but I'm having problem with my leg. When i walk a long time my leg muscles get really tired. It gets hard to move my leg it like it has a huge weight on it.
 
How long do you have to walk for this to happen?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom