THR Hip pain

How are you doing now? @Rosasweeney13
You just passed your two month anniversary. Belated best wishes! I hope your feeling stronger and steadier month by month. :)
 
I am doing fantastic! I was cleared to start to do more activities on week 6 and I slowly started incorporating new things like walking longer, exercising to strengthen these weak muscles lol. But i am back to almost normal. I am working out low impact, taking my kids to the park, doing normal everyday activities and when needed, I use my cane. Usually during long walks like going shopping. Overall my thigh is still numb from my side and I have to get into my vehicle sideways. I am still taking it slow and trying to be patient. I have knee swelling often, my doctor said the next appointment we will see if my knee surgery from may 2020 needs to be revised if the swelling continues. I am glad I don't have pain anymore on my hip and hoping the swelling is just my body readjusting gait and posture with the new hip.
 
Great to hear you are doing so well @Rosasweeney13! Still early days, your knee may very well settle as your gait returns to normal. Often our other joints were compensating for the bad joint and complain some as they return to their normal operation.
 
Update!!!! Going on 12 weeks post op and while my thigh muscle is still kinda numb, I have been pain free. I started walking my usual route, working out in the mornings and sometimes adding some yoga in the afternoons. I feel like a brand new person! It was a difficult rough first 6 weeks and then I slowly got better and better. My numbness in my thigh is shrinking in size, hopefully by month 6 I won't have numbness anymore. It was a long journey and I am still working on it everyday.
 
@Rosasweeney13 .... please see the Personal Message (PM) I sent to you regarding the OneStep pilot you participated in. You can access the message via the small envelope in the blue tool bar at the top right of your screen. You successfully completed the program, but we're missing the final survey from you. We really need your feedback on how it worked for you in your recovery.

I'm so glad you are walking pain free now. Twelve weeks is still just the beginning of things getting back to normal. You'll be amazed when you look back on things months from now. :thumb:
 
August update!
It's been 7 months since you total right hip surgery! I work out 6 days a week, I haven't tried running but I can walk with ease. I still have minor numbing on my thigh. Other than that I do not notice any issues. I don't have pain and I feel likey activity levels are wher ethey were 10 yrs ago. I'm hoping at my 1yr post op appointment I get cleared to start running. I miss it. But I have gone from being 217lbs to 175 since surgery! I feel amazing and hope this helps other see past the first 6 weeks. It took a while to see the light but I focused on one step at a time!
 
This is great to hear! Be sure and let us know how your next appointment goes.
 
Hello everyone, is been a long time but my hip journey was going great. At least until recently. I had a kidney infection on my right side where I had my THR. I ended up having a ureteral stent placed for a month and then had it removed once my infection went away. The problem happened the day after my stent removal. I woke up the next day I. SO much pain in my right hip and leg. The pain felt like a combination of piriformis syndrome with sciatica and back pain. It was so intense it caused spasms in my back and I ended up in the hospital for 10 days. I have been like this since Dec10th and doctors can't figure out what went wrong. My orthopedic surgeon says is not my hip and that my hip still looks good. Anyone ever experience something similar. After 2 yrs of no pain and active lifestyle I went back to a walker, and now a cane.
 
@Rosasweeney13 So sorry you are suffering with this pain. Have you been back to the doctor who treated your kidney infection? It's a bit suspicious that this pain started right after your stent removal.

Are you on any medication for this pain? Hope you get some answers soon!
 
I have gone backto the original doctor. I also have been referred to neuro, rheumatology, ortho, and nephrology. No answers on the cause. I am taking a lot of different meds for the pain. Hoping on Thursday to get some answers from my EMG
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom