Guest viewing is limited

Hip pain question

Glad you've got an early call time. Everything ticks along quickly for those surgery times so much less time for anxiety to overwhelm you. Having the kids around for dinner will be a welcome distraction for you over the weekend too.
 
Getting ready to roll over to the other side. T-23 hours to go! Today will be busy trying to get things done, although slowly- Mojo333 I will be careful! The icing machine I ordered should show up today, and yesterday went out and bought a nice recliner. I want to be able to sleep in it. We have 2, but one is a rocker recliner with a side handle 13 years old and pretty rickety. The other was a power one but is small for me and not that comfortable. So we had dinner with the kids and they got some more hand me down furniture.
Today will pick up a few last minute items, tidy up the workshop, make sure things I need/want from the upstairs are downstairs, put on the raised toilet seats. Also need to pick up a nice dog bed for my puppy. The furniture we gave to the kids doubled as my dog's bed during evening tv time, and she seems lost without it.
 
:wave:You've got this @Chappyd
A friend of mine, when he heard I was going to have hip surgery told me he had both his hips replaced, though not simultaneously...(by the way, could not tell he had hips replaced just like folks can't tell with me now)
He said "you'll be hating life for the first few days and then all uphill from there"
I do take it as a pretty accurate description, as he knew I had never undergone any major surgery and I'm very active and independent like you.
The first days were jarring until I settled into an "all temporary - all healing" state of mind.
Glad you are going to be careful and hopefully not try to hurry this recovery.
I'll be watching you:skep:

:) Let's get this hip cure show on the road!:dancy:
 
Bye bye hip pain!
Will be looking for you on the healing side, @Chappyd .
You are going to be glad to be on your way to getting your Life back!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom