THR Hip 2 on deck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will look anxiously for your posts documenting your recovery- I will be booking hip no 2 soon.....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was discharged at noon today, and I successfully navigated the car which wasn't so successful last time. I'm staying at my mom's which can be stressful. She talks incessantly, and we don't agree about much. I'm trying to just zone out. I'm going to head to bed soon, I think. Of course I didn't sleep well at the hospital, and I'm very tired.
I'm stiff and my quad is very very tight. I've been working on loosening it up a bit, but not too hard.

This time feels different to me. I don't know if it's because I have two sturdy hips now or that I'm stronger from all of my PT, but it feels nice. I so need sleep right now but I'm struggling with it.

I'm very pleased to be on aspirin instead of blood thinner. I don't have those blood draws. Because of my cancer, they could only use one side and it was miserable. My wound looks good, and my drain wound seems to be weepier this time.

Okay, I'm probably not making sense unless you're on oxy and tired. Hope everyone is well out there. And @Legin, behave yourself!
 
Lynn, your update sounds good to me -- just so pleased for you that it all went well and that you've now been discharged. Bet you're going to really appreciate the ease of that aspirin therapy -- I liked it a lot and had no problems with it (even with my "tender tum"). I'm sending Mr. Sandman in your direction so that you can have sweet dreams and loads of sleep!
 
Nice one, I always behave.... really glad its such a calmer start.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
As seems to be my pattern, I had a bad first night home. I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but I had some significant pain 9-10 because my quad was just like granite. I managed to flop into bed, and then I slept hard for about three hours on my stomach. That seemed to open that muscle up some, but it's still very very tight and painful. Ve been taking 10mg oxy every 3-4 hours, but the pain is still sneaking though. It's possible I overdid in that stupid PT class at the hospital. I'd rant about it, but suffice to say that I had Josephine's voice in my head as I faked my way through with an ultra aggressive and perky PT by my side. Luckily for me, there was a knee lady next to me who was really struggling so she ignored me a lot. I'd go "one, two, eighteen, nineteen, twenty":angel:
Anyway, I see the good PT on Friday. Unfortunately, I can't see the acupuncturist for two weeks. That made me sort of sad.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Don't know what I'd do without the support from all of you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gets abacus out, chortle

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I think one, two ... nineteen, twenty should be another mantra - made me laugh!!

Glad you are home so that real recovery can begin x
 
Wishing you a better night's sleep -- one without pain! Mr. Sandman must have gotten lost so I'll call him right now!!! Thinking of you and continuing to send the good juju.
 
Snaffles Lynns running shoes and pits cozy slippers in place.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@copsham I definitely think that should be a new Bonesmart mantra. It definitely worked for me. I was just so tired of her aggressively perky attitude, especially when I know better because of Bonesmart. :bow:

@HollyB and @Legin whatever you two did helped me sleep much of the night. Well, what you two did and two oxy's instead of one every four hours. :sleep:

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. My heavy leg is easing a bit, and the quad issue seems to be resolving itself. I've done some very very light stretching to get that muscle to release, and it seems to be working. I'm swollen, so I'm icing almost continuously, as well.

Probably the most positive part of this being hip 2 is that I'm not as scared of the hip. I was terrified the first go around of doing something bad to it. I'm not careless, but if I get a twinge, I don't freak out. If anyone is considering whether or not to have his/her hip done, do it and don't wait. And if you're putting off hip 2, do it as soon as you can!

Okay oxy brain is off to bed for awhile. I'm considering videotaping how I maneuver in bed and sending it in to Americas Funniest Home Videos. I feel like a fat roly poly turtle who is trapped on her back.:rotfl:

Lynn
 
RETTUN
really glad sheeeeesh is this a new improved Lynn.........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@LibraryLynn Whoop go girl I am so impressed in both your attitude and recovery you are an inspiration to us all I laughed too at your 1 2 18 I nearly hit my o/t with my stick and I have told them in my time in my way we all know we have to do the exercises but to be in agony after is madness. You sound so strong and blasé ha ha take care healing hugs and love a flying your way xxxx Mags
 
WooHoo... so glad to hear Hip #2 is going well for you @LibraryLynn :yes!: I was especially glad to hear that line "... if you're putting off Hip 2, do it as soon as you can"... I NEEDED to hear it, as I'm, well,... puttin' it off :heehee: Keep waiting for my tendinitis to settle down before committing to the merry go round again. As you said, the good thing is it's your LAST hip :yahoo:

I'm going for acupuncture again later this week, and may give my husband's suggestion of a chiropractor a go :shocked:having being vehemently against it for all of our 37 years of marriage... I don't know what will be worse; if it doesn't do anything and I still have a pain in the butt, or if it DOES work and I have a pain in the lounge room instead :loll:coz I'll never hear the end of it if "he's" right

I got a chortle out of your "creative accounting" at PT. Reminds me of the way our kids used to count to 100 when they were playing hide and seek; "One, Two, Miss a Few, Ninety Nine a Hun-dred" :rotfl:

Hope your recovery continues as it is... and the toddler stays away :wink:

Donna:flwrysmile:
 
Just checked up on you ...haven't been on in a few days! So glad to hear you are doing well! That quad issue I had for both my hips also but was MUCH worse with the first one,I was popping muscle relaxers and nothing worked I suffered all night,I feel for you! Hope things are progressing nicely!
 
@Talkieluv this recovery is so different than my other hip. I remember the quad pain, and I think it was worse last time. I've been massaging and stretching it a bit, and it settles down

This go around I have way more swelling. I'm certain that's due to the fact I'm more active, maybe even a bit too sassy about it. I need to cut down on my spunky attitude and stop hopping around so much. It's only day 3, for goodness sake. It makes me happy that this side is more cooperative, but if I don't settle down, I'll get a lecture from @Legin.

I've retreated to bed because it's Dancing with the Unknown Stars night at mother's. I can't take the show or her running commentary.

Hope everyone gets his/her rest tonight. I'm sending sleep Angels around the world for all of you. Sleeping is healing time.

Lynn
 
Hi @LibraryLynn

I was just browsing through and wanted to congratulate you on your thr. You are sounding so brilliant. I had to laugh at the dancing with the unknown stars :heehee: You sound as though you're on the right road to recovery. Well done. Love your account of the bedtime manoeuvres. I could actually envisage it on that tv channel. Bless you Lynn.

Take care and keep up that lovely inner strength to keep the nasty PT in check!!

Love Nana Moon 27 xxx
 
Who me???? Just be careful dont forget how it can be if you do the sassyshuffle too aggressively.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Greetings all!
I'm back to you all from PT. as I probably mentioned, I adore my PT person, plus she's a former student. She's so smart and compassionate, and she puts up with my nonsense too.
Anyway, today was quad muscle massage with her iron thumbs. It really stings when she gets after those cramps, but they sure feel better after she's done. She was also kind enough to change my bandage because the fancy one rolled up on me. All looks great.
She did tell me to not be so wild. My leg has swollen up more than the other one did. I am generally resting with ice on that leg, but I have gotten up and down a lot more this time.im not as scared of it this time, so I just go about my business.
I think I've rambled a lot, but I'm not going back to edit. I'm calling these My Oxy Diaries, and I'm elf-publishing (since no one in his/her right mind would want these writing messes.
Hugs to all.
Lynn
 
I'm glad your PT was good. I love the title of the "Oxy Diaries"!!! Actually they're perfectly fine. No mess x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom