THR Hip #2 In situ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh sorry @Kim22 missed the coming home bit! Nowhere at all like home to recover.
You sound like you are prepared for all the parts of this recovery & that is good to know....do hope the pain & log leg disappear soon.....it's true, you really do forget very quickly about the recovery & reading back must be quite therapeutic. Just don't overdo it! Luv Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you are home and recovering nicely. After so much time with hip pain I'm sure the recovery will fly by. I'm sure you are happy to have them both done and be hind you. My surgery was so close to yours I have no words of wisdom. I had anticipated recovery to be so much more difficult I am pleasantly surprised. The PA and OS told me it would be smooth but I still had fears, fortunately none have materialized. One I did't know about, go brain, is here with a vengeance! Have a great day today.
 
WELCOME HOME!
Here you are, @Kim22 ... So happy to finally see you with a recovery thread! And you're already talking Log Leg, the joys of sleeping on your back, and delicious warm prune juice. You know these things will soon pass....Sounds like things are on track and no surprises. I hope the pain is being managed well. Just take it nice and slow. All that pre-op stuff ... the long waiting, tests, injections, etc., etc., all behind you. So happy you are home and on your way.
 
@Kim22 ok, you are a champ tolerating the warm prune juice. Recently I've found a large handful of raw baby carrots at lunch is good for one. (Had to change antihistamines, and the new one is nearly as bad as codeine in that respect!!!) how are you with raw carrots? ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Plum Perfect You sound great already but I know what you mean about 'go brain ' I keep telling my husband that I am sure the surgeon took away part of my brain as well as the hip joint.The simplest of tasks that need any cognitive function are beyond me at the moment but I knew that this is a temporary state luckily.Take care and keep in touch.
 
@zauberflöte yes I think I could munch through raw carrots for lunch if need's be and certainly in preference to warm prune juice
 
@Kim22 avocados are great as well. Yummy (assuming you like them) and lots of fibre.
 
@Peaches It is lovely to hear from you and thank you.I did e mail you to let you know that I was home from hospital but I am not sure if you got it now.If you didn't I apologise and I put it down to my codeine brain.I will be in touch
 
I knew what you meant but thanks to my fog brain I couldn't think of the word lol
 
@Kim22, Hi, glad all is going well with your recovery so far and I hope your journey continues along this path. Thinking of you.
 
Hi @Kim22
just catching up! it all done and you are home, speeding ahead. Well done. it is such a big deal but so do-able too - very strange. Take care.
 
thank you both very much for stopping by.I am doing ok but I know from experience that this is a challenging phase as my leg is still very swollen and the bruising has come out.I have just had the dressing redressed by the district nurse who reports that the wound is looking good,clean and healing as it should be.I am sleeping well on my back at night in three hourly chunks so I am happy with that.I do feel that I am less anxious and I have more patience this time which is also helping.I know this difficult phase is just that a phase and it will pass.I hope you are both doing well and enjoying your new hips and that your ankle has healed @copsham
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning @Kim22, I hope you got plenty of sleep and are having good weather where you are. I just finished my morning chores with my girls and am back in bed with my coffee, need to rest before I shower. Have a sunny day.
 
Good morning to you @Plum Perfect but it is actually 5.30 in the afternoon over here.I did get a good nights sleep thanks topped up by an hours nap this afternoon.I haven't done a lot today; a little bit of walking and resting.The district nurse came this morning to change my dressing as it is still oozing quite a lot but she is pleased with how the wound looks.Do you have someone who calls in to walk your girls ? I hope you have a really good healing day.
 
Hi @Kim22! So pleased to hear you are home and snuggled in your own nest. Take it easy and let your body tell you when it's time to do things. Best wishes on a smooth and carefree recovery. I'll be following you, so don't do anything you shouldn't! OMG...look who's talking....lol
 
Hello @Kim22 it is hard to figure out everyone's time zone, I did realize after I posted that it was not morning for many. I am fortunate that my yard is large enough for the girls to get a little running in and since we haven't had any rain it is not muddy, you can imagine what four muddy dogs would be like!
Did PT give you anything important to do beside walking? PT in the hospital did not talk about anything but what I needed to do to be discharged, I'm not scheduled for outpatient PT until after my 2 week check-up. Have a relaxing evening :loll:.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom