THR Here we go again...Hip #2 Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3:

Slept in my bed last night and woke a few times throughout the night. But generally got a decent sleep.

Pain is worst when walking. Around a 5. Seems this anterior approach is pulling while I'm walking.

I'm walking with just a cane during the day and when I'm getting tired, I switch to a crutch or crutches.
 
  • Useful
Reactions: SEA
@ilovefall , are you icing and elevating regularly? That pain you are feeling is swelling from trauma. Icing will help reduce this so that you can get more mobile. Early days!
 
Hi @Jaycey yes icing as much as possible. I was actually discharged with no home PT or outpatient PT. They track your exercises by using an app on my phone. Crazy right....
 
Wow, @ilovefall, you go girl! Was yours an anterior hip? Mine was posterior and I'll be here at least another day. Have to conquer steps first.
 
Yes @kktoland. Yes. Anterior. Last time it was an side approach. So this time is more pain/discomfort when walking. Good luck with your recovery. God Bless.
 
I found that home and out patient PT really was not helpful. All hips really need is walking and gentle stretches.

You might want to ask your family doctor about your pain meds. Sounds like you are still uncomfortable and they might need some tweaking.
 
Congratulations @ilovefall! Sorry to hear that you are having more pain this time. I am assuming you are keeping on a regular pain med regiment. If you are and they are not helping, maybe it's time to "bump" them up a smidgen. Just be careful not to exceed the daily dosage. Sorry, I'm sure you've already thought about this and hope I haven't offended your intelligence. It's just the Nana in me coming out.
Prayers to you for a great recovery.
 
Hi, @ilovefall. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing pain. You've been given great advice already. I'll just add in some pain free vibes that it passes soon and you find just the right pain med level.
Hang in there and keep taking good care of yourself. :)
 
Yes @kktoland. Yes. Anterior. Last time it was an side approach. So this time is more pain/discomfort when walking. Good luck with your recovery. God Bless.

I had some pain with walking at first. The first few days were the worst. I really didn't feel like walking much...I wanted to wait. I also had the anterior technique. Are your meds working? That makes such a difference. Glad to hear you are icing and elevating.

Have you tried using a walker? I have one with wheels, and I found it so comfortable and helpful. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
 
Day 4 Update:

Slept pretty good last night minus what I think was a weird effect of the oxycodone. Woke up feeling very shaky and the jittery. Weird right.

Showered independently last night (standing).

Able to lift leg off floor and onto bed without assistance.

Walking with cane or one crutch.

Still sleeping all the time. Ugh
 
Fantastic! As you know, things should keep getting better and better. I'm impressed that you already took a shower standing up! Glad to hear you are sleeping. Sleep is so healing.
 
Showered independently last night (standing).

Able to lift leg off floor and onto bed without assistance.

Walking with cane or one crutch.

Still sleeping all the time. Ugh

You are doing great @ilovefall! I feel you on the sleeping all the time .. just sort of nod off when sitting down. Lol.
 
Thanks @hippywoman! Oh yeah defiantly have the bobble-headed brain-fog! Sometimes the brain even goes swimming without me lol!
 
Day 5 Update:

Slept terrible last night. I'm going to my bed tonight!!

Walked 600 feet outside 2x today w/cane.

Was able to do three straight legs raises while laying down .

Taking Tylenol mostly and some Tramadol in between.

Icing and elevating most of the day.
 
Hopefully everything will fall into place! Sleeping good at night is so important!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom