TKR Here I am with my new left knee

@cairistiona60 @cpd599 i'm also with both of you. Almost 13 weeks Don't overdue the exercise or your knee will start talking...like mine did over this week after taking down a shed! Slightly more swollen and a click

In terms of strengthening I don't think 10 mins of bike will do much. I would slowly add time every other day till 1/3 hour
 
Seems like "3 steps forward and 1 step back" the whole way
Absolutely normal! There are little setbacks and issues that do go along with the progress---but soon those issues will be history.

Trying to be patient, but it's hard
We all have to finfd the patience deep down inside of us that we did not know that we have!
 
All this positivity ! I'm trying to get on board ! I'm down to 1 PT session a week now for 4 more weeks, and taking it real easy. Every thing is going good except the stair exercises still. It's been over two weeks since the PT overdid it with me, and I am still hurting. I took an extra day of with my long weekend to try and rest and ice it. we'll see if I can bounce back soon.
 
Hope you have a good week at work and don't overdo your exercises and be safe behind that desk.
[Bonesmart.org] Here I am with my new left knee
Appreciate your service!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my 3 month check up with the OS. He took x-rays and said everything looks great. He told me every concern I had was normal. I told him about the aggressive PT, so ,at my request, he took a close look at that area of the x-rays. He says everything is good, and as I suspected, it's either muscular or a tendon issue. He thinks it will pass. He told me to remind the PT that this isn't a race, and I'm not trying to make my return to professional football this season, lol
@AThom10731. Thank You. Fly that flag proudly ! That blue line keeps getting thinner.
 
Glad for the good report. Sounds like your doctor has a good head on his shoulders vis-a-vis PT. Good on him. I used to kid that I first hurt my knee trying to be the first female Heisman trophy winner. But with what they've been finding out about brain damage in professional players, you're better off retiring your number and resting on your laurels ... IMHO. I have happily lived in a major metropolitan area which has gone without a professional (American) football team for decades. Whenever I hear talk of bringing a professional team (or 2 or 3) to LA, I cringe. Our freeways are *already* a mess, and the locations they're currently talking about are near the freeway which goes to our major airport.
 
4 months this week. I'm back to doing stair work, and its going well. Had my last PT session. It was getting to the point where I would just rather do my own anyway. I rode my real bicycle almost every day this week, which was great. Over 5 miles today ! Tomorrow I'm going to walk a bit instead of the bike. My old knee bothers me no matter what I do, but I'll mix it up a little. I still do stretches and some strengthening exercises almost every day. I think I'm getting there !
 
@cpd599 glad to hear it
I'm also at 4 months and am starting to feel like you about pt
I just have to get into a routine so I really do it and not skip it
I walked over 3 miles yesterday in 2 parts and knee feels no worse than before I did it
Also played ..or rather volleyed tennis for an hour this week.
Keep up the good work
 
Congrats! You're doing great. It seems like four months is the point when things start to get moving again. I'm just about saying I'm glad I did it but I don't know at what month you decide to do the other knee.
 
@newlybionic thanks.
I've been able to do things with my new knee that. I couldn't do last year. It thankfully does not have any discomfort or pain when doing these activities. I clunk all the time still and it is loud but no pain. It just feels "very different " than the other knee It's hard to describe but I'm sure others on here can or feel the same
I was just at my nephews bar mitzvah and did some rap dance and was jumping and even did a 180 turn!
As far as when to do the other knee here is my advice that I will follow. Either when I'm in pain or when I can't do the things that my right tkr allows me to do that is when I will get it done

Lastly ....When does the knee feel like you don't know it's not there. Or is it different because I still have numbness
over lateral part that when it flexes or overused it feels different??
 
I still have some numbness over my knee too. The popping/clunking has seemed to be lessening a bit. My other knee cracks when I move from flexed to straight so maybe I'm just used to sounds:heehee:

I still feel like something has a grip on my kneecap. No real pain but just overall tightness

Jumping and dancing... WOW. Isn't that like not knowing it's even there? Remember when we thought about every step we took in the beginning?
 
My clunking got worse but no pain

I only "feel" my knee when I stand on it for more than 10 mins straight or when walking
When I was dancing and jumping I only felt my other knee...lol
 
Back
Top Bottom