Guest viewing is limited

THR Help, my leg feels longer.....

This kind of surgery sure can give all of us a reality check... Like you Doupie I had super hero expectations... and thank God for these Bonesmarties here I learned how to realistically do the healing dance :egypdance:! That really stinks that won't be able to go to DC for that celebration - but a wise choice... you (Ms. type A!) should read a bunch of recovery threads -- very helpful in seeing the wide range of recovery processes. I had a double hip replacement (crazy right!) and they just 'pushed' the muscles apart... anterior method.

Also if you wish to include a 'poster's name in your posts... simply put a @ right before their name - that way they'll get notified. It will show up underlined.

Your son sounds like a sweeheart... you're a luck gal :)
 
Hi Doupie! Welcome! I'm a hippie-in-waiting, and do so appreciate reading all the recovery threads to learn what to do, and (in your case :heehee: ) what NOT to do!

I hope your new approach of rest, elevate, ice and repeat gets you on the road to recover!

Karen
 
Doupie, for heaven's sake, be nice to yourself. Your body will heal the way it wants to, not the way you want it to. There are all kinds of soft tissue things that can go wrong even if nothing was cut. Nothing fatal, just painful. Make yourself available to your clients by phone at certain times of day, otherwise delegate. I used to be a Realtor, I know how all consuming it is, but your health comes first. Besides, the market is coming to life and you'll have a lot of business in the future. Rest, ice and heal.:ok:
 
SeaSiren, I was just like you and asked my surgeon to perform lipo and tummy tuck while I was under....:loll:BlueSkylark, you have come to the right place, I wish that I had discovered this forum before I had my procedure. Great advice and everyone is sooo nice. When I have my left hip replaced in October I will be more prepared. The Elmore oil is wonderful and I would suggest you get some. Giraffe44, I finally figured out to be nicer to myself. My business has never slowed down and now that I am out recovering it is exploding, but my agents are stepping up. I have an agent who is my right hand, she is almost a clone of me. She had to get broker classes completed before June 30th, so in the past two weekends, she hasn't been available to help.

I feel incredible, very little pain and just a little stiffness in the leg. I had a 2 hour nap today and my therapist said that I made great progress in my recovery. I am laying here with my legs up in the air and about to dose off, but I just wanted to thank everyone again for helping me get to a good place. I will keep you guys informed of my progress.......:flwrysmile:
 
Doupie, for heaven's sake, be nice to yourself. Your body will heal the way it wants to, not the way you want it to. There are all kinds of soft tissue things that can go wrong even if nothing was cut. Nothing fatal, just painful. Make yourself available to your clients by phone at certain times of day, otherwise delegate. I used to be a Realtor, I know how all consuming it is, but your health comes first. Besides, the market is coming to life and you'll have a lot of business in the future. Rest, ice and heal.:ok:

Never a truer word said... Thanks Giraffe44.. Good post :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Help, my leg feels longer.....
Doupie, so pleased you are heeding good advice and are slowing down and allowing yourself to heal. You will be soooooooooo glad you did.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Thank you, Poppet! Sounds interesting! I found the US site and ordered a free sample and will give it a go!
 
I have started a thread in the Social Room for the Elmore oil for it to be discussed there :)

Judy is correct the last thing I would ever do is derail another members thread!
 
You guys are so funny, but the Elmore oil is really good. I noticed today that I have a palm size bruise on my operated leg on the calf right below my knee. Has anyone dealt with this? The bone near the area is sore and tender to the touch but otherwise no pain. Hopefully I can attach a picture. Can someone tell me how to do this?
 
During surgery, the knee is often used to maneuver the leg when the surgeon is testing the implant. I found several weeks post surgery, I found a yellow bruise all around my knee which indicated that there had been some heavy handling..

The bruising will abate :)
 
Doupie it sounds like you're becoming a textbook BoneSmartie! Wonderful, and it's also good to hear realtors discussing the market taking off. We can't get ours to commit to that, but the minute he does, our house goes on the market LOL.
My weird bruises were on my opposite side ribcage in back-- exactly as though somebody had grabbed my torso! All the rest were on the upper leg. They must not have used my knee too much, or else, as I had hoped, most of its pain was referred. Depending on how your body deals with bruises usually, I'd say yours will be gone very soon! :)

Attach a picture-- let's see. Below and to the right of your text field where you are composing your message, are 4 black buttons. One of them is "upload a file". Have your picture reduced and saved in, well, wherever you save pictures, click "upload a file", and your "storage" places will pop up (Pictures Library, My Pictures, whatever) Double click on the pic you want, and hey presto! That's how it goes on my Windows7 anyway :)
 
I feel like such an idiot..... :gaah:
It was right there zauberflöte, thank you. It makes since what you said Poppet, the majority of my discomfort has been shins, calf and knee. Dr. Mokris probably manipulated the heck out of my knee testing my new hip. I will ask him at my six week check up. Plus I need to know what type of hip he put in me...:what: I just love my Dr., he's a rock star and even my physical therapist says that his patients do better than any of her other patients and he is more cutting edge.....so guys let me know what you think. Knee seems stiffer as well but went to neighbors for cookout, sat with my leg up but probably should have just stayed in the bed or sofa and vegged out....
[Bonesmart.org] Help, my leg feels longer.....
 
Doupie haha somebody had to teach me too :) Sexy bruise there... LOL Hope you're resting easy after the cookout!

I think I walked too far yesterday :-( only 1 minute extra on the treadmill and a couple houses further at my bedtime walk. Arg! Maybe it's time for new shoes.:whistle:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom