Help! Fell five times in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine I stop taking Aleve. So I'm in pain but the swelling seems to be going down slightly . I am worry about all the shaking though. J do NOT want more falls.

BTW, can I clean those large scrapes with peroxide? I do not want to go into the shower even with the shower chair and they are getting more painful and more red. My Dr said to cover them with a tight bandage.
 
To be honest, my dear, your situation is becoming so complicated, I really don't want to give you advice on here any more. And neither should anyone else.

The reason I cannot advise is because a) I do not have all the information and b) I cannot look at it myself. Therefore it is very risky for you to ask for and accept advice on the internet.
 
The edema has went down considerably. The shaking has improved too. Thank God.
 
I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood my question about the hospital. I was asking if you were still under hospital care or are you at home? From your latest posts it sounds like you are at home. I frankly think you need to be under medical care until you stabilize. If you cannot get into a hospital, how about asking your primary doctor to order home health for you?

But a better option would be to be in the hospital where you can be observed over time. You need to be there at least 3 days to allow the option of going to a short-stay rehab facility if needed. Medicare picks up most of the cost for this if you are hospitalized for 3 days. I agree with Jo that you have way too many things going on to be trying to work this out on your own or from home with doctors.
 
@Jamie I'm feeling better. They did a lot of tests and referred me back to my PC Dr. And he did even more tests.

The culture of the biggest scrape is negative.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad you went to the ER.Cerebral edema/swelling of the brain is never a good thing.Its so hard to take pain medications in a way that is effective in that it allows you to function but does not affect the kidneys and liver.I just spent a year trying to balance working full time,having to work full time,family life and studying for board test.Balancing pain medications is difficult.Please be careful.This is a dangerous thing you are experiencing.They need to monitor you as long as you have swelling in your brain


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Healer01 I really need to get on a healthier diet with more vitamins and herbs. I would try Chinese herbs if I can afford it . I am Chinese and used to take them when I was young.
 
How are you today?Are you still in the hospital?Are you home?Do you have someone to help you at home?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Healer01 I am wondering why one of my scrapes from the falls is atill bleeding. They took all the scans and blood work in the ER.

I've been home for a while.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You may still have bleeding or oozing due to your liver being enlarged.Clotting factors are regulated in large part by the liver which is why they do clotting times prior to surgery.My sister had to put off a surgery because of her over use of Ibuprofin which is also a NSAID like the medication you were taking.I think it's affect on your liver could be affecting your clotting factors.The best way to be certain is to check with your labs.You can probably call the lab that ran your labs through the hospital to get those lab results.It could be totally unrelated but that way you could know for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry, I did not reply sooner. I have some vision problems and can not see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom